Everything Video Games!

View attachment 96009
Watched these 2 auctions end yesterday and today. If conditions were the same, why would one end $100 less than the other?
In my experience that is limited to buying vinyl on eBay, I could not begin to explain to you why people sometimes pay double for similar condition stuff. Sometimes it seems like it just comes down to then writing MINTY FIRST PRESS! 5 times, even if it isn't accurate and have a fancier wordier listing. And yeah, with the 11 more bids, sometimes it is just because someone with too much money put a crazy high "max bid" and others keep driving it up.

My copy of The Witcher for the Switch was delivered last night at around 7:30 by UPS. No clue way they are always so late coming around my apartment complex.

I got a couple hours of gameplay in last night. I'm very impressed with the graphics so far. The story and worlds so are amazing. But I really need to get some practice in.

The first encounter with ghouls and I died 20 times straight before I could get passed them.
Truly, The Witcher 3 is the greatest single player game I've ever played. Think carefully about your choices, they have potentially huge impacts on the world and characters around you. Do every side quest, they are the true gems of the game.

If you're playing on a higher difficulty, you'll have to rely heavily on potions for beating hard monsters. The beast guide usually tells you which potions are effective.

Enjoy the game, it's a truly excellent journey that left a deep emotional impact on me 💙

Truly, The Witcher 3 is the greatest single player game I've ever played. Think carefully about your choices, they have potentially huge impacts on the world and characters around you. Do every side quest, they are the true gems of the game.

If you're playing on a higher difficulty, you'll have to rely heavily on potions for beating hard monsters. The beast guide usually tells you which potions are effective.

Enjoy the game, it's a truly excellent journey that left a deep emotional impact on me 💙

How do you tell what difficulty level you are on and where is said best guide?

My copy of The Witcher for the Switch was delivered last night at around 7:30 by UPS. No clue way they are always so late coming around my apartment complex.

I got a couple hours of gameplay in last night. I'm very impressed with the graphics so far. The story and worlds so are amazing. But I really need to get some practice in.

The first encounter with ghouls and I died 20 times straight before I could get passed them.
I’ve heard mixed reviews on the switch about graphics and lag time when it’s docked...what’s your experience so far ?

I’ve heard mixed reviews on the switch about graphics and lag time when it’s docked...what’s your experience so far ?

I haven't tried it docked yet. I only have played it handheld. I'll let you know I try it docked.

In other news, I picked up a copy of Zelda: Breath of the Wild because I found it on sale for $15 off. I was playing that all day yesterday.

How do you tell what difficulty level you are on and where is said best guide?
Difficulty is selected at the start of the game. You can change it at any time in settings. The beast guide is called the Beastiary. I believe it's in a section called Index on the in-game menu (same menu that has your inventory, map, etc.)

Absolutely cannot believe it has been ten years to the day that Portal 2 came out. These will probably need a revisit here soon.
I downloaded both Portals to play for the first time over COVID and cannot play it for more than 15 minutes without getting nausea.

I have played video games my entire life and have otherwise never encountered this. Maybe it's because I don't play at a computer usually but it made me sad. Didn't even finish the first one.

Apparently I'm on on Death March. lol
Yeah you probably don’t want to start there. Go to your options menu and change it down to “Story and Sword” (don’t worry, you’ll still die plenty of times!). Like I said, you can always up the difficulty as you develop a better grasp for the game.

On my own Witcher journey, I started with “Story and Sword” and then upped the difficulty around level 10 or so, and then again (to “Death March”) around level 20 or so. I only had to turn it back down for a single boss fight involving ****. Realistically, after you’ve sunk enough hours into the game, Death March is quite manageable and I can see why there are players who consider it the only acceptable difficulty level. Personally, I think you should just do what works best for you. The storytelling in this game is good enough that I wouldn’t fault anyone for playing “Just the Story.”

I actually just finished my first complete playthrough last night (including the two expansions), clocking in at 185+ hours. I’m now tying up some loose ends (like finding all Places of Power) before I fire up an NG+ file.

Last edited:
Absolutely cannot believe it has been ten years to the day that Portal 2 came out. These will probably need a revisit here soon.
My fiancé had never played either of the Portal games before a few months ago, so we played through them both back to back over a long weekend. Talk about games that age like a fine wine. Portal 2 is still the best comedic writing in a video game ever.

My fiancé had never played either of the Portal games before a few months ago, so we played through them both back to back over a long weekend. Talk about games that age like a fine wine. Portal 2 is still the best comedic writing in a video game ever.
I'd argue it's some of the best writing in a video game period. The way the backstory unfolds steadily through bits of exploratory gameplay. It's perfectly paced. A perfect or at least near-perfect game.

[/SPOILER]Yeah you probably don’t want to start there. Go to your options menu and change it down to “Story and Sword” (don’t worry, you’ll still die plenty of times!). Like I said, you can always up the difficulty as you develop a better grasp for the game.

On my own Witcher journey, I started with “Story and Sword” and then upped the difficulty around level 10 or so, and then again (to “Death March”) around level 20 or so. I only had to turn it back down for a single boss fight involving ****. Realistically, after you’ve sunk enough hours into the game, Death March is quite manageable and I can see why there are players who consider it the only acceptable difficulty level. Personally, I think you should just do what works best for you. The storytelling in this game is good enough that I wouldn’t fault anyone for playing “Just the Story.”

I actually just finished my first complete playthrough last night (including the two expansions), clocking in at 185+ hours. I’m now tying up some loose ends (like finding all Places of Power) before I fire up an NG+ file.
Just finished my first main story playthrough a few weeks ago, and I'm doing Hearts of Stone now. Think after I'm done that, I'll do another completely new playthrough of the whole game, plus both expansions. Acts 1 and 2 of the main story, then Hearts of Stone, then act 3, then Blood and Wine. Truly an incredible game that left me feeling very fulfilled.

I did Yennefer's romance and got the Empress ending in my first playthrough. I think I'll go for the Triss romance and Witcher Ciri ending for the next one.

Just finished my first main story playthrough a few weeks ago, and I'm doing Hearts of Stone now. Think after I'm done that, I'll do another completely new playthrough of the whole game, plus both expansions. Acts 1 and 2 of the main story, then Hearts of Stone, then act 3, then Blood and Wine. Truly an incredible game that left me feeling very fulfilled.

I did Yennefer's romance and got the Empress ending in my first playthrough. I think I'll go for the Triss romance and Witcher Ciri ending for the next one.

If you're planning your next campaign to be an NG+, then there are strong reasons to play through Blood & Wine first. If you're starting a fresh NG, then it doesn't matter. Both B&W and HoS expansions were great, but I'd probably give B&W the edge here. New map, new character-building features, new witcher armor...

On my main game I went with Witcher Ciri and romanced Yen. I don't think I can go for Triss even on my second playthrough; Yen really has a firm grip on my Geralt's heart (though Shani gives her a run for her money).

Back