Everything Video Games!

Well, finally managed to snag a PS5. No idea when it's being delivered. As an early adopter I look forward to joypad drift, a hard drive that can only hold 5 games at once and probably some sort of motherboard failure after 3 years. Why do I do this to myself EVERY SINGLE TIME...
I will buy a PS5 literally just to play Spiderman. It's the only exclusive I can think of that makes me excited.

I will buy a PS5 literally just to play Spiderman. It's the only exclusive I can think of that makes me excited.
It's the first PS5 specific one I'll be buying as well. I have a backlog of older games that all have PS5 "improvements" but that Miles Morales looks incredible and I loved the first Spiderman game on PS4. The web slinging is positively meditative, and with the added ray tracing on the 5 it now looks absolutely unbelievable...

This is the one and only reason I am considering switching to PS from Xbox with my next console purchase
Honestly, I think this generation Xbox will finally have some exclusives to get excited about beyond Forza and Halo and GOW, but in general the PS exclusives from the past couple generations up until this point have just killed XBox in my opinion. Naughty Dog alone just destroys anything on Xbox.

Honestly, I think this generation Xbox will finally have some exclusives to get excited about beyond Forza and Halo and GOW, but in general the PS exclusives from the past couple generations up until this point have just killed XBox in my opinion. Naughty Dog alone just destroys anything on Xbox.

I only play like 1 or 2 games a year because I have to do all the things and that takes forever, but I do wish Spidey could be in the mix. And I don't play any of the current Xbox exclusives, so at this point it's a matter of whether I'm cool with buying a spaceship/having to keep my current xbox so I can play the stuff I've already bought previously

Anyone played Horizon Zero Dawn? I'm fairly early in the game - just came out of the Sacred Mountain (or whatever) and have been proclaimed a seeker. I've messed around with combat, ridden around on a Strider, watched poorly done voice acting/scripting.

Anyone love this game and can tell me it gets great? I see the reviews are pretty dang good. But I'm finding it meh so far - keeping in mind I'm early in.

Anyone played Horizon Zero Dawn? I'm fairly early in the game - just came out of the Sacred Mountain (or whatever) and have been proclaimed a seeker. I've messed around with combat, ridden around on a Strider, watched poorly done voice acting/scripting.

Anyone love this game and can tell me it gets great? I see the reviews are pretty dang good. But I'm finding it meh so far - keeping in mind I'm early in.
Well, the voice acting aside from the lead doesn't get heaps better. The story is interesting but I wouldn't say it's exactly the most narratively cohesive story, the game is basically the combat and exploration. If you're willing to explore and read logs and do side quests you'll get a better idea of the story, the combat gets very involved and tactical and that's kinda the big showpiece. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't a game of the year or anything for me... The fact that the cities had no openable doors, that people just kinda stood in place waiting for you to talk to them, I had a hard time with that coming from so many recent games with legit "functioning" cities that feel lived in...

Well, the voice acting aside from the lead doesn't get heaps better. The story is interesting but I wouldn't say it's exactly the most narratively cohesive story, the game is basically the combat and exploration. If you're willing to explore and read logs and do side quests you'll get a better idea of the story, the combat gets very involved and tactical and that's kinda the big showpiece. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't a games of the year or anything for me...
I guess that's my biggest go/no-go there....the combat. A shit story and voice acting I can get past. But I just want to know if the combat picks up. Maybe I'll push through and see how that moves along - I think this will be a game I might end up ignoring most side missions.

I guess that's my biggest go/no-go there....the combat. A shit story and voice acting I can get past. But I just want to know if the combat picks up. Maybe I'll push through and see how that moves along - I think this will be a game I might end up ignoring most side missions.
Oh it definitely picks up. It's a trip once you get to the big big boy dinos and you're drawing T-Rex's into 1 on 5 battles with other massive lizard robots things. You can basically stage your own Dino fight club if you use your combat strategies properly. And hauling ass around a battlefield trying to avoid all these charging creatures while trying to get your harpoon gun thing into the biggest one so you can tie it to the ground and gets a moment's relief never really got old for me. The combat is very very very good and I don't think I encountered a single bug in combat. Everything works almost exactly as you want it to. It's very polished in that sense. There are some annoying difficulty spikes later in game but none of them took more than an hour or so to get past. The sheer amount of combat strategies you can employ and all the different way you can tackle any encounters really is that makes the game for me. Making giant robot dino's fight each other while I watched never got old. Especially when you wait too long and they both turn on you at the same time and you have to fleeeeeee

Well, finally managed to snag a PS5. No idea when it's being delivered. As an early adopter I look forward to joypad drift, a hard drive that can only hold 5 games at once and probably some sort of motherboard failure after 3 years. Why do I do this to myself EVERY SINGLE TIME...
Nice! Where did you get it?

Nice! Where did you get it?
Best Buy online, I followed that twitter account that basically alerts you to when stock goes live anywhere: https://mobile.twitter.com/Lbabinz
Took about 14 days of following him with a Twitter alert set and I got one after striking out on Amazon a couple of times. Hasn't shipped yet but appears good to go. Hoping to get it this week but I'm not actually sure where it ships from...

I really liked it! The voice acting is the goofiest part, but I loved the combat, exploration, and cauldrons. The one thing I never really finished was the hunting ground challenges because that ish got super challenging fast, so my fight strats didn't evolve much past mid-game. The enemy progression was fun and satisfying though! New areas, new beasties, new clues to how the world ended up the way it is.

I will give it credit, HZD is visually beautiful. Very well done there. I've decided to replay through Wolfenstein The New Order again cause, well, it's mindless, linear, balls out Nazi killing. But I'll give HZD a redo when I'm willing to invest more brain bytes

I will give it credit, HZD is visually beautiful. Very well done there. I've decided to replay through Wolfenstein The New Order again cause, well, it's mindless, linear, balls out Nazi killing. But I'll give HZD a redo when I'm willing to invest more brain bytes
The Wolfenstein series might be my biggest pleasant surprise of the last generation. I was not expecting much when I heard they were making more but they just nailed it. And way more stealth options than I ever would have expected.

Now if someone can please give me another Alien Isolation game please I would very much appreciate it. Because THAT was my biggest surprise of the whole last TWO generations and I'm dying for another one.

The Wolfenstein series might be my biggest pleasant surprise of the last generation. I was not expecting much when I heard they were making more but they just nailed it. And way more stealth options than I ever would have expected.

Now if someone can please give me another Alien Isolation game please I would very much appreciate it. Because THAT was my biggest surprise of the whole last TWO generations and I'm dying for another one.

there is an alien game coming out this year, it’s like a co-op left 4 dead shooter

there is an alien game coming out this year, it’s like a co-op left 4 dead shooter
I did see that, hopefully that turns out well, but Isolation was just a pitch perfect single player horror survival game, they nailed every aspect of literally being in that first film. The graphics for the most part still stand up, the ships, architecture, everything was just spot on.

I'd really love another L4D xp. I think last time I logged into servers was a couple years ago and there just weren't a lot of players and by now the maps have become stale.

Put a good amount of hours into Vermintide which was fun for the horde survival co-op jollies.

Back