Everything Video Games!

Why not, available on Android & iOS ;)
kODJy3AA9RdEus39ppJ6el6ou5OVeahz9nCGUUbgWFIBCVtwg1YlJeToXYJae6USj1GTdPdpC0sWbu3hnpSn-rxDRO0ZAuFYHtgcp9pkWpEESsGTR-EsGfR3dfSr6pSdkdWkPK7P71LemxGfr6vE98TOIYhueifQofwPOLIE7nHtbFq33ci1pW-imYJ8QnKnS9wqPzvTPIvPbL4f1BTz9g42abOlrXI8xXjsrluun5YilsKY-pXFVA4GW6t6XtnWiVIbjK1NLi-qnUHSYNMw9UzkPk5r6xLDKF14UAuXWs-22dsCexmnDzPjfkH-WJlEVxe8hFYuKWUxFYVFLSGgFcIfE4V8r6CRcpkv0D5Ja8g9gDnlPM3IS25wPVIS5pUmGEI3PuZm-Es98fQBOXgfpF16zVtoUQjIwYwvL8wfit5vWSnJPe-K5M31CqX1r6gaNUyfG7lBrewR1L6Gfzl_of8PXz5S47DwRwCWKKHulef447S44ClQ71ivQUtbzYd8ISaiYk7w1BpiUocYOPzFCsgB-g_AH6BLwCIxpL-Ukup1_RRhzoh1BrOi1xz3iHwei-SY9D7YA4hzpRwL50FvyrC5yutvk_qXAvhz4dVvdRsR7WAA1aNa2rcoL1C4yNe7EPGQZNzrFJMCeAZF0wWisnctkUf-L3srr-N69j4a1Oel3B_IS7RmX8CuPZMR5z4=w816-h466-no

I WILL FINALLY BUY ONE!

Hope the rumours are true. I wonder if they'll do a special BotW 2 version for Christmas.
I honestly doubt we will see BOTW2 this year. Skyward sword HD comes out in June or July right? I can't see them releasing two Zelda Games that close togeather. I hope I am wrong because I am hype about BOTW2, but I just don't see it happening.

Looks like there's going to be a 4K Switch before Christmas. I think the current Switch is 720 in handheld so I assume the dock is doing the work for upgraded tv output.
I have the OG Switch, it might be hard for me to not upgrade but I hope beefs up the power of the system and not just improves the display, especially since I don't have a 4K TV/monitor.
Like that Link's Awakening remake is borderline unplayable (even if it is gorgeous).

In other news I love stupid Cat Mario so much.
Every Nintendo revision ups CPU/GPU significantly, so this won't just be a screen bump. Going rumor is that they'll be using NVidia DLSS to upscale for 4K output, and keeping things 720p handheld for battery life reasons.

Every Nintendo revision ups CPU/GPU significantly, so this won't just be a screen bump. Going rumor is that they'll be using NVidia DLSS to upscale for 4K output, and keeping things 720p handheld for battery life reasons.
That's not necessarily true. There were plenty of revisions of the 3DS hardware that barely changed the power of the system. The very last one maybe but it mostly was just able to play SNES games and Xenoblade.

That's not necessarily true. There were plenty of revisions of the 3DS hardware that barely changed the power of the system. The very last one maybe but it mostly was just able to play SNES games and Xenoblade.
The New 3DS had 6x the CPU power of the original 3DS. Was it underutilized? Yes. But it was a huge upgrade in raw terms.

I'm using the term 'revision' to refer to the larger hardware updates without a brand new console line, not just node shrinks or packaging/cost-cutting changes, which rarely introduce new features, but pare them away.

The New 3DS had 6x the CPU power of the original 3DS. Was it underutilized? Yes. But it was a huge upgrade in raw terms.

I'm using the term 'revision' to refer to the larger hardware updates without a brand new console line, not just node shrinks or packaging/cost-cutting changes, which rarely introduce new features, but pare them away.
Yeah I guess I was thinking about regular, vs XL vs 2DS (which are kind of like the Switch lite). Guess we'll just have to see.

Yeah I guess I was thinking about regular, vs XL vs 2DS (which are kind of like the Switch lite). Guess we'll just have to see.
The Switch has already been through at least one or two of these sorts of revisions - the Switch Lite chipset is a node shrink, and they quietly updated the regular Switch around the same time with the same chipset, hence the mysteriously increased battery life.

There's really no way they can even pretend to push 4K without a real overhaul, and the current X1 chipset they're using has some major architectural bottlenecks holding back performance, so I'm expecting a custom Ampere-based device. It's not going to be enough of a quantum leap to be a successor system, but it should be a real Pro-style upgrade.

The Switch has already been through at least one or two of these sorts of revisions - the Switch Lite chipset is a node shrink, and they quietly updated the regular Switch around the same time with the same chipset, hence the mysteriously increased battery life.

There's really no way they can even pretend to push 4K without a real overhaul, and the current X1 chipset they're using has some major architectural bottlenecks holding back performance, so I'm expecting a custom Ampere-based device. It's not going to be enough of a quantum leap to be a successor system, but it should be a real Pro-style upgrade.
I will be more than happy if this is what it is

Like that Link's Awakening remake is borderline unplayable (even if it is gorgeous).

In other news I love stupid Cat Mario so much.
This is a lil dramatic, I had some framerate dips, but no problems other than that. But I agree, BOTW2 and that new Pokemon game are definitely going to need some stronger hardware.

I don't play games on the go so I don't need a portable but I'd love an upgraded switch to have hooked up to my tv. I might've been a bit hasty saying there'll be a new one for the holidays since it's only a report but the specifics have me hopeful. Really curious to see how this would work and the potential specs. 4k seems like a tough goal even 1440/60 would be great.

This is a lil dramatic, I had some framerate dips, but no problems other than that. But I agree, BOTW2 and that new Pokemon game are definitely going to need some stronger hardware.
It's totally fine in dungeons and shaky in the overworld.

BOTW Trial of The Sword is just plain frustrating. I can’t get past the first stage. It’s either the 3 lizafos on the docks or the next level after it. I’m trying my hardest to think outside the box but for the first part of this Trial to have something so goddamn difficult is just cruel. I know it’s the style of the game but the fact you have to start all over again is just 🤬
The middle and final trials in Trial of the Sword are MUCH easier. I went into the middle trials and almost made it to the end on my first try. I cheated a little and looked up the right way to beat the level, but it was surprisingly easier. When I was going into the final trials, I only grabbed 3 guardian arrows, I didn't bother melting the ice blocks to get more. I ended up using one on the first lynel, then two more on a flying guardian. I stupidly missed my first shot with the guardian and decided to shoot again. Big mistake. I got to level 23, killed the guardian on the tower, picked off a couple of the moblins but then didn't have a guardian arrow to kill the last lynel.... I have to say it was considerably less frustrating knowing exactly what I did wrong and how to fix it instead of just failing over and over again.

The middle and final trials in Trial of the Sword are MUCH easier. I went into the middle trials and almost made it to the end on my first try. I cheated a little and looked up the right way to beat the level, but it was surprisingly easier. When I was going into the final trials, I only grabbed 3 guardian arrows, I didn't bother melting the ice blocks to get more. I ended up using one on the first lynel, then two more on a flying guardian. I stupidly missed my first shot with the guardian and decided to shoot again. Big mistake. I got to level 23, killed the guardian on the tower, picked off a couple of the moblins but then didn't have a guardian arrow to kill the last lynel.... I have to say it was considerably less frustrating knowing exactly what I did wrong and how to fix it instead of just failing over and over again.
This past summer I beat the trial of the sword on master mode, which is probably my most proud video game moment of all time.

I agree that the Middle and Final trials are considerably easier. I was stuck on the beginning trial for days before I was able to beat it. That level with the three Lizalfos is painful.

Back