Everything Video Games!

Bummed to see that the Final Fantasy XI mobile project has been officially cancelled. It was never going to happen, but I held out some hope to one day revisit that world.

Time for a quick Binding of Isaac update! Not sure if I posted this, but last week I was down to discovering 3 items to get the final 4 achievements - the Super Bandage, Mega Blast, and Eye of Greed. Last week I was blessed by the RNG gods and got the Super Bandage, netting me both the Platinum God and Real Platinum God achievements. Last night I was extra lucky, and finally got Mega to show up in a devil deal. I thought that would pop the 1001% achievement, but it didn't, so it was time to find the Eye of Greed. It supposedly spawns in normal (hard) mode, but I got impatient waiting, so I bit the bullet and played some greed mode as Isaac so I could reroll everything. Fortunately, I only had to do 3 runs before I got it to show up, netting the 1001% and 1000001% achievments, and completing the list. I may have modded to make Greedier Mode more bearable, but I got all of the achievements for finding the items without mods, doing randomly generated runs and letting luck take the wheel.

Oh man I have so much on the Switch I need to play but those MH Rise reviews are stupidly good. Dang...maybe I'll wait but it'll hurt.
yea, thats exactly the way im feeling. ive never played monster hunter before, but this might seem like the best entry point into the series for what it seems!

yea, thats exactly the way im feeling. ive never played monster hunter before, but this might seem like the best entry point into the series for what it seems!
The BEST entry point, I imagine is World. That one is super accessible. This one looked like it carried over some of the QoL improvements from that one, including new traversal options, while keeping that old school feel and style too, so this one may be good to start with as well!

Playstation is doing a "Play At Home" promotion:

Some really great games on offer for the whopping price of Free. Abzu's a beautiful short little game, was a big fan of The Witness (which is DEFINITELY not for everyone but great for myself), Thumper is a goddamn adrenaline rush and a half, Rez is a classic, and I'm looking forward to finally diving into Subnautica and Gungeon.

Some really great games on offer for the whopping price of Free. Abzu's a beautiful short little game, was a big fan of The Witness (which is DEFINITELY not for everyone but great for myself), Thumper is a goddamn adrenaline rush and a half, Rez is a classic, and I'm looking forward to finally diving into Subnautica and Gungeon.
Yes send on ps5 there's a whole series of free games in the "PlayStation Collection" lots of great AAA stuff...

I really loved Subnautica. Need to play Abzu, Thumper and Rez.

Just threw all of these in the library. Loved The Witness even though I (and the wife) never completed it. Really excited to do some deep sea exploration with Subnautica and Abzu.

Monster Hunter is a very dense and cumbersome series, but once it all clicks it's a truly wonderful experience. I didn't have anything I could play World on, but Rise is far more streamlined and full of quality of life improvements than anything I've played before in the series... but even so you will NEED to consult the internet for guidance and instruction. I've only put in a few hours of all solo play so far but I am already blown away with the game and can't wait to sink hundreds of hours into it!

Last edited:
Monster Hunter is a very dense and cumbersome series, but once it all clicks it's a truly wonderful experience. I didn't have anything I could play World on, but Rise of far more streamlined and full of quality of life improvements than anything I've played before in the series... but even so you will NEED to consult the internet for guidance and instruction. I've only put in a few hours of all solo play so far but I am already blown away with the game and can't wait to sink hundreds of hours into it!
Fine, I’m downloading it.

Back