Everything Video Games!

ME3 is one of the greatest gaming disappointments of my life, but the journey there is great. 1 & 2 rule.
I stopped ME3 early on because it was like they took all my least favorite aspects of ME2 and doubled down. EDI deserved better.

Google Stadia Support never got back to me, despite me constantly contacting them for help in every way imaginable, and now they're telling me that they won't be sending me the free Stadia because they ran out of supply from the promotion.

fuck Stadia

Google Stadia Support never got back to me, despite me constantly contacting them for help in every way imaginable, and now they're telling me that they won't be sending me the free Stadia because they ran out of supply from the promotion.

fuck Stadia
Google finally made it right and sent me a promo code for the free Stadia...Huzzah!

Anyone give Watch Dogs Legion a play yet? The early Best Buy BF deal for $30 has me curious (and stacks with my $15 in credit to make it even cheaper).

Not that I need a new game with my backlog, but there's something about creating a weird little crew of rando London hackers that sounds like a good change of pace.

Holy hell! From where?
Amazon. I was trying for Wallmart at 6 PM and it was all fucked. Then I was like "I wonder what they're saying on Reddit", hopped over to their live chat, and someone posted that Amazon actually had stock and lo and behold it worked. I wasn't even really thinking about it until day of.

Just got lucky.

For PS5 owners. If you want to take advantage of the b2g1 at Target or Amazon, it's good to note that some ps4 versions of games are getting free upgrades to the ps5 versions. Some games like the new Watch Dogs you can only get the ps4 version in the deal, but that one will upgrade to the ps5 as soon as it releases! Spiderman does this too but is unfortunately not part of the sale.

one of these games is not like the others
one of these games is probably going to win but everyone will be bitter because of politics
four of these seemingly have no chance

i mean i hear hades is great, i really wanna play it, doom eternal seems like a ton of fun, and i heard some good things about ghosts of tsushima and FFVIIR

but its definitely going down to last of us or animal crossing

one of these games is probably going to win but everyone will be bitter because of politics

i mean i hear hades is great, i really wanna play it, doom eternal seems like a ton of fun, and i heard some good things about ghosts of tsushima and FFVIIR

I think you're discounting Hades unduly. Animal Crossing was very important to a lot of people in a very rough time, so that may be in it's favour. Most of the reviewers I trust were not incredibly impressed with TLoU:2, I don't seeing it winning out of hand.

I think you're discounting Hades unduly. Animal Crossing was very important to a lot of people in a very rough time, so that may be in it's favour. Most of the reviewers I trust were not incredibly impressed with TLoU:2, I don't seeing it winning out of hand.
TLOU 2 is the 2nd highest reviewed game of this whole year, it seemed every major press site was calling it the ultimate PS4 swan song (how long before part 2 gets a patch for PS5),

Hades certainly has a chance (i also heard a lot of people say ghost of tsushima but that didn't have much of a cultural boom the same way the other 2 did), but i feel like its definitely going down to either animal crossing (tbh it should have also been nominated for games for impact as well instead of kentucky route zero) or the last of us part 2 (though the infamous vitriol there was among certain specifically far right gamers might lower its chances)

I finished Spiritfarer last night. What an journey it was. For those who are unfamiliar, you play as Stella, who takes over for Charon to ferry souls looking to cross over to the Everdoor, via your ship. The game is a combination of 2D platformer, resource/people manager, town builder, rpg, and metroidvania. Your traveling companions all have quests, and you try to keep them happy by meeting requests and feeding them. You can also hug them periodically to increase happiness. Resources are obtained by travelling between small areas, and by crafting them on the boat. You need the resources to create a house for each guest, as well as upgrade your boat and to create crafting facilities (farm areas, smithy, lumbermill, etc.). You can organize these structures however you want, in a sort of Tetris like configuration. Each location is compact, but full of character, and the time sailing between locations is perfectly balanced by having lots of tasks to complete. The characters are generally likeable, and even the most unlikable characters generally have a moment that will endear you to them a bit. My only real complaint is that a few unexplained story bits are covered in the art book in the physical edition. I played on Game Pass, so I had to look it up online. They're not necessarily needed, but they do help deepen your understanding, especially when you suck at connecting the dots like I do.

Final thought: if you want a chill game that has a ton of heart and is fun to play, check this one out. I fear it will fly under too many radars.

All of these definitely deserve to be nominated I feel. Don't have much of an interest in FFVII remake, but people seem to dig it, and plan on getting to Hades at some point soon, though it's not the type of game I usually enjoy.

I do love Animal Crossing, but of the 4 nominees I've played, The Last of Us 2 deserves to win imo, and it's not close.

All of these definitely deserve to be nominated I feel. Don't have much of an interest in FFVII remake, but people seem to dig it, and plan on getting to Hades at some point soon, though it's not the type of game I usually enjoy.

I do love Animal Crossing, but of the 4 nominees I've played, The Last of Us 2 deserves to win imo, and it's not close.
but gamers ARE voting on it

soooo the controversy might stop that

Back