Everything Video Games!

Currently in the queue to get into the playstation direct shop for a ps5. More than an hour wait though, so chances are slim. I've spent way too much effort on this the 2 days having it pulled out of my cart from just about every retailer. Probably not meant to be for awhile if I don't get this one.45gs62fkujm21.jpg

Currently in the queue to get into the playstation direct shop for a ps5. More than an hour wait though, so chances are slim. I've spent way too much effort on this the 2 days having it pulled out of my cart from just about every retailer. Probably not meant to be for awhile if I don't get this one.View attachment 74714
I'm hoping I'll just randomly run into one in the upcoming months. Some drug stores here are actually selling them so... Who knows.

I'm hoping I'll just randomly run into one in the upcoming months. Some drug stores here are actually selling them so... Who knows.
That's probably how it'll go for me, which is fine. I've just never bought a new console on release before, and planned on doing it for the first time when this got announced. That was way before Covid though, and figured I could just go to the store early and grab one

That's probably how it'll go for me, which is fine. I've just never bought a new console on release before, and planned on doing it for the first time when this got announced. That was way before Covid though, and figured I could just go to the store early and grab one
I usually try to trade in my previous model early for maximum value but this time around i knew that would likely leave me with no system for quite a while so that plan ain't gunna work.

That was my plan, until I got lucky randomly yesterday.

My fear is that with the holidays, and then everyone stuck inside from Coronavirus, it's just going to be tough to get one for a while.

That was my plan, until I got lucky randomly yesterday.

My fear is that with the holidays, and then everyone stuck inside from Coronavirus, it's just going to be tough to get one for a while.
Oh I'm right there with ya. With my wife being compromised I basically don't go anywhere except work. So it's unlikely. But I'm keeping my eyes open, though I suspect I won't find one until well into 2021.

Walmart Black Friday leaked and both ps5 and whatever the latest Xbox is called 😂 will both be online (only) 7pm EST Nov 25th

so that’s a guaranteed time to be looking if you can’t score one before then.

Walmart Black Friday leaked and both ps5 and whatever the latest Xbox is called 😂 will both be online (only) 7pm EST Nov 25th

so that’s a guaranteed time to be looking if you can’t score one before then.
With how well their site handled their staggered rollout this week (spoiler: it didn't), I imagine all at once will be just as bad if not worse.

Can I just drop in here and say the Xbox Series X has been treating me really well the past week? It’s a really great console. Excited that everything I currently have for Xbox One plays on it as well, so the transition is a lot less painful.
View attachment 74874
You're missing the vape smoke coming out of the top.

Started playing Mass Effect for the first time this weekend. I technically played it 12 years ago when a friend let me borrow it but I never made it past the prologue/intro then. It's really good, super engrossing story, lots of different options and playstyles, but also quick advancement to new gear and leveling. I started playing as a Vanguard which has the biotics and close range weapon perks.

I had played The Outer Worlds at the end of last year and disliked it. I'm now noticing how much of a Mass Effect rip-off The Outer Worlds was. It's almost the exact same game with worse mechanics, story and interfacing. Mass Effect has many more side-quests and other planets to visit. It's a better game in every way. I've mentioned it here before but I really, really disliked The Outer Worlds lol.

Started playing Mass Effect for the first time this weekend. I technically played it 12 years ago when a friend let me borrow it but I never made it past the prologue/intro then. It's really good, super engrossing story, lots of different options and playstyles, but also quick advancement to new gear and leveling. I started playing as a Vanguard which has the biotics and close range weapon perks.

I had played The Outer Worlds at the end of last year and disliked it. I'm now noticing how much of a Mass Effect rip-off The Outer Worlds was. It's almost the exact same game with worse mechanics, story and interfacing. Mass Effect has many more side-quests and other planets to visit. It's a better game in every way. I've mentioned it here before but I really, really disliked The Outer Worlds lol.
Wait till you get to Mass Effect 2. One of the best games ever made. Mass Effect is pretty much my favorite trilogy of games ever. Andromeda is... not as good. But still worth playing.

Wait till you get to Mass Effect 2. One of the best games ever made. Mass Effect is pretty much my favorite trilogy of games ever. Andromeda is... not as good. But still worth playing.
Playing it for free* on GamePass so I definitely plan on going in order with all of them!

I generally agree, though I miss the janky Mako.
I mean, let's be honest. Most of the Makos were kinda janky. But that first one was... woof... It was something alright. They're actually releasing an updated remastered trilogy of the first 3 in early 2021. I will likely play them all again for about the 5th time.

Back