Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

I'm in Michigan, not sure why Germany ever entered the conversation.

Had planned on adding pictures to my post in Classifieds earlier this week, but personal circumstances took me out of town again until tomorrow night.

@BazookaTooth who is looking for the new phono is in Germany so buying from the us isn’t ideal given international post & customs & different mains electricity voltage.

I'm due for a new car and honestly the reliability and build quality of even reputable brands has me nervous.
I’ve been doing the Italian thing for 11 years now. No reliability issues but my last Alfa did need a slew of work right before the warranty ran out. Nothing after for another 50k miles though. My current Alfa has been great.

Before that I had a Mini Cooper S. Fun to drive but it had an identity crisis- it thought it was a homing pigeon. Home was the mechanic’s shop.

I'm due for a new car and honestly the reliability and build quality of even reputable brands has me nervous.
Least reliable car (but most fun) I’ve owned was Audi A3. Piece of junk reliability-wise. Same for New Beetle back in their day.

Most reliable car I’ve owned was 2013 Nissan Leaf that we bought used in 2016. It was virtually zero maintenance. Changed tires twice. Checked brakes twice (but never replaced). Replaced cabin filter. That’s it. Literally - that’s the full extent of maintenance until it was totaled in an accident in December. And we charged it at home exclusively with regular 120v outlet, so cost of ownership was exceptionally low, and the battery still had 10 of 12 bars. Fantastic car.

Our other car, 2014 Mazda CX-5 was also totaled last year (kids are expensive - different daughter in each accident, but both were fine, thankfully). Also fantastic.

But for the accidents, we’d have rolled with Leaf and Mazda for a few more years. Replaced Leaf with leased 2023 Kia Niro EV and replaced Mazda with 2024 Hyundai Tucson PHEV. Both fantastic so far but still too new to know.

I didn’t mention my Subaru Outback with the fucking head gasket issue. It sucked, and Subaru didn’t cover it under warranty. Thousands of dollars
Between that and the CVT transmission- the two things that keep me away from Subaru. AWD is awesome though.

My girlfriend has a 2022 Honda Accord Hybrid. It’s nice, but eats low tire pressure sensors.

Back