Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

2020 Volvo XC40 R-Design has been a reliable and fun companion so far. Got me through 3 years in LA and a cross country roadtrip and through Colorado white out blizzard conditions in one peace.

2020 Volvo XC40 R-Design has been a reliable and fun companion so far. Got me through 3 years in LA and a cross country roadtrip and through Colorado white out blizzard conditions in one peace.
the AWD system that Volvo uses is awesome. My cars nickname is “The Snowcat.”

My wife’s BMW has the stereo turn on by itself and the back up camera tells you it’s not working while you are looking at the image from it.

My Volvo freaks out at certain potholes or expansion joints and thinks they’re people. Slamming on the brakes by itself.
I’ve got my brothers 2012 BMW X3. Touch wood but still works great aside from a few repairs here and there. We might eventually get a 2nd car and really don’t know what we will get or be able to afford…

I’ve got my brothers 2012 BMW X3. Touch wood but still works great aside from a few repairs here and there. We might eventually get a 2nd car and really don’t know what we will get or be able to afford…

The X3 and the Volvo XC90 are the two cars that absolutely scare the shit out of me when I see them on the road. Driven almost entirely with a third of the car over the centre line and no care for any other road user because “I’m safe in my big tall indestructible machine.”

Almost worse than the middle aged thugs in BMW M and Audi RS saloon cars….

The X3 and the Volvo XC90 are the two cars that absolutely scare the shit out of me when I see them on the road. Driven almost entirely with a third of the car over the centre line and no care for any other road user because “I’m safe in my big tall indestructible machine.”

The X3 is a pretty small car in America hah.

Nobody here uses blinkers which is wild to me.

The best British car ever made.
86b63bba91f102c0a35a2f14920b6ec8.jpg

You assume it can go that fast.

Also I think I'm wrong. It looks like only the replica versions are from the UK and that's what I'd seen before. There were very few originals ever produced and they were German.

All the best British cars are beautiful well balanced small sports cars with very innovative engineering for the time but that break down every 300 yards…

And if the x3 is too big for the roads, I’d be fucked. It can already be a challenge to park the damn thing:

The raptor, which I think is similar to your truck, is increasingly common on the roads here for like an electrician who is insane and they are enormous by our standards. Not outright too big, we do have lorrys, but probably not ideal on tighter country lanes and city centre roads. Smaller well balanced cars are much more enjoyable to drive around our roads once you’re out of the city and off the motorway network.

The raptor, which I think is similar to your truck, is increasingly common on the roads here for like an electrician who is insane and they are enormous by our standards. Not outright too big, we do have lorrys, but probably not ideal on tighter country lanes and city centre roads. Smaller well balanced cars are much more enjoyable to drive around our roads once you’re out of the city and off the motorway network.
Not for nothing, but I don’t necessarily find the truck (or the Subaru for that matter) enjoyable rides. My scion Xa, that shit was fun to drive. Little fucking death box.

I’ve driven in Ireland before, so I can see why you think they’re big. Here in the States, the XC90 is midsized and the X3 small.

A Suburban/Escalade (especially the ESV variants) would probably scare anyone driving in Ireland. Including the driver/passengers.

I remember tooling around the Irish countryside in a Fiat Punto. It felt huge on those roads.

I’ve driven in Ireland before, so I can see why you think they’re big. Here in the States, the XC90 is midsized and the X3 small.

A Suburban/Escalade (especially the ESV variants) would probably scare anyone driving in Ireland. Including the driver/passengers.

Never mind driving there isn’t a parking space in this country you could fit anything like that into, not even close

I remember tooling around the Irish countryside in a Fiat Punto. It felt huge on those roads.

Yeah my car is effectively a mini suv on a fiesta platform. It’s absolutely the perfect size to handle well on the roads here!

Back