Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

So analogue inputs can be HT bypass but most aren’t. Most are just analogue inputs into the preamplifier section. What you need is either ones that bypass the preamplifier section, like the mains in on the luxman, or that can be switched to bypass the preamp either by a physical switch, like on the musical fidelity, or through the firmware, like my ps audio.
Okay cool, this unit 100% has HT bypass. That's confirmed, I just wanted to make sure I understood correctly that bypass in analog in and sub is line out?

Okay cool, this unit 100% has HT bypass. That's confirmed, I just wanted to make sure I understood correctly that bypass in analog in and sub is line out?

Exactly. Just had a look at the manual and you can set either of the 2 RCA inputs or the XLR input to be the HT bypass. You go into the chosen input in the amps software menu and flick a setting on it to on.

Jokes aside, I’ve heard that piece a few times and it’s a good one.
Here's the thing. That unit goes for $15,000 in Canada. And I know it's not always down to money, but I can get it for less than half of that, like a lot less than half. And despite the looks, I'm not sure for that price if it's not at the top of the list currently. Even though I love the Gold Note and few of the others.

Last edited:
Also this is @Ed Selley review of it a couple of years ago. Seems pretty glowing.

The aesthetics of the M6 500i convey a very simple message and that message is ‘I AM VERY POWERFUL.’ In the black finish especially, it looks like it has been made from things that Musical Fidelity found in a storage hut behind Lockheed Martin. I try to stay above the idea that audio equipment has any gender focus to it but there’s little arguing that the M6 500i conveys a fairly masculine aesthetic.

I'm relieved I drink less than post divorce me but, fuck me, occasionally I was on 🔥🔥.

The biggest issue I have with any of these integrated systems are, how much stuff are you paying for that you won't use. Like I know I'm stuck, I need integrated or this won't work. But it's like, you're paying thousands for an internal phono stage that I will never use, and a DAC that I will likely never use as I don't have a CD player and at least the 5805 can't stream natively so I'd still have to use the Node anyhow. I suppose I could bypass the node DAC in favor of the 5805 so it would get some use. It's probably better I would think than the $600 node. But it's digital and 4 years older sooooo maybe not...

I HATE DECISIONS

The biggest issue I have with any of these integrated systems are, how much stuff are you paying for that you won't use. Like I know I'm stuck, I need integrated or this won't work. But it's like, you're paying thousands for an internal phono stage that I will never use, and a DAC that I will likely never use as I don't have a CD player and at least the 5805 can't stream natively so I'd still have to use the Node anyhow. I suppose I could bypass the node DAC in favor of the 5805 so it would get some use. It's probably better I would think. But it's digital and 4 years older sooooo...

I HATE DECISIONS

Time to pull out that bottle of whiskey and call on the services of Night Mather…

The biggest issue I have with any of these integrated systems are, how much stuff are you paying for that you won't use. Like I know I'm stuck, I need integrated or this won't work. But it's like, you're paying thousands for an internal phono stage that I will never use, and a DAC that I will likely never use as I don't have a CD player and at least the 5805 can't stream natively so I'd still have to use the Node anyhow. I suppose I could bypass the node DAC in favor of the 5805 so it would get some use. It's probably better I would think than the $600 node. But it's digital and 4 years older sooooo maybe not...

I HATE DECISIONS
It’ll definitely be a step up as a DAC than what’s in the Node.

Plus, cables Mather. Cables. 🤤

It’ll definitely be a step up as a DAC than what’s in the Node.

Plus, cables Mather. Cables. 🤤
No see here's the thing. I don't actually need any more fancy cables. I need two RCAS to run to the Arcam for the HT bypass but that's fine because I don't need crazy cables for surround sound stuff, it's all just cable tv and Apple tv etc. So a couple of reasonable RCAs will be fine, everything else stays the same. Because the good ones will now be with the 2 channel amp...

Last edited:
No see here's the thing. I don't actually need any more cables. I need two RCAS to run to the Arcam for the HT bypass but that's fine because I don't need crazy cables for surround sound stuff, it's all just cable tv and Apple tv etc. So a couple of reasonable RCAs will be fine, everything else stays the same.
But cables!!!

Back