Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

No see here's the thing. I don't actually need any more cables. I need two RCAS to run to the Arcam for the HT bypass but that's fine because I don't need crazy cables for surround sound stuff, it's all just cable tv and Apple tv etc. So a couple of reasonable RCAs will be fine, everything else stays the same.
Jesus. We need NightMather, stat!

I'm being too reasonable aren't I?
Reasonable is boring.
Maybe I'll just open this bottle of scotch.

Well, shit. I promised my wife I wouldn’t buy any gear until next year, but there’s a cherry L-509X on Audiogon right now…

Egging @Mather on has me fighting my less frugal angels.

Any ideas or suggestions? NightMather?

IMG_1410.jpeg

Well, shit. I promised my wife I wouldn’t buy any gear until next year, but there’s a cherry L-509X on Audiogon right now…

View attachment 190477

Oh man I’ve taken tomorrow off work and now you’re all making me regret staying sober, especially with that fresh bottle of Lagavullin 16 sat in the cupboard!

View attachment 190477
This picture is making me want an old fashioned.

View attachment 190477
Is that a Bookers I spy?

You know what to do.

Take tomorrow off because Bookers means IT'S BUSINESS TIME RIGHT FUCKING NOW

Does $6k USD out the door and shipped for a 1 year old Luxman L-509X with another year left on warranty, from the same authorized dealer who sold it to the only owner (traded in for separates), sound like a good price? Includes original packaging, remote and manual.

Does $6k USD out the door and shipped for a 1 year old Luxman L-509X with another year left on warranty, from the same authorized dealer who sold it to the only owner (traded in for separates), sound like a good price? Includes original packaging, remote and manual.
I forget, what's your current rig?

I forget, what's your current rig?
Stereo rig:
Rega P8/ Apheta 3 *
Allnic H-1201
Margules Arch-3
Revel F228Be w/ IsoAcoustics Gaia II
JL Audio D-108 x2
Eversolo DMP-A6
Denafrips Pontus II 12-I/ Iris 12
Cables, lots of cables. (Audioquest, full loom)
Salamander synergy stand, additional bases from Butcher Block Acoustics, and other isolation tweaks

*Aphetta already purchased but not mounted yet (just waiting for my Hana SL to give up the ghost).

Last edited:
Stereo rig:
Rega P8/ Apheta 3 *
Allnic H-1201
Margules Arch-3
Revel F228Be w/ IsoAcoustics Gaia II
JL Audio D-108 x2
Eversolo DMP-A6
Denafrips Pontus II 12-I/ Iris 12
Cables, lots of cables. (Audioquest, full loom)
Salamander synergy stand, additional bases from Butcher Block Acoustics, and other isolation tweaks

*Aphetta already purchased but not mounted yet (just waiting for my Hana SL to give up the ghost).
Very nice. I bet those Revels SIIIING. I really enjoyed mine but those are a whole different ball game to what I had.

Last edited:
Yes, the price is good but what do you want to gain over the Margules Arch-3?

You might have a harder time selling the Margules than buying a Luxman; the brand is not as well known. I don’t know if that was part of the plan or not.

Back