Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

Rivian have a pretty big contract with Amazon for Delivery trucks. They actual assemble them in Normal, IL which about 35 miles from my hometown. Hopefully that buys them some financial breathing room as we work through our electric vehicles growing pains.
Amazon bought 40% of Rivian, if I'm not mistaken. Buy delivery vehicles from yourself? Makes business sense to me.

Had a unit a lot like this as a kid in the 60's. Ran on D batteries IIRC, and was pretty cool to be able to go mobile with 45's (especially). I'm sure the sound wasn't very good, but that's all we knew back then since most of the music we heard was coming out of transistor radios and, if you were lucky, being recorded on some crappy little tape recorder--required that you be near your recorder when the song you wanted to record came on the radio. It was pretty rare to capture a full song.

Screen Shot 2024-03-28 at 10.18.35 PM.png

I mean, you even tied up that plant next to your espresso machine...:ROFLMAO:

View attachment 199022
Hahahahahaha!!

Isn’t that just part of the espresso making routine? ISN’T IT??!!??!!
*Grind>Level>Tamp>BIND>repeat* 😎

Honestly, I’m just honing my skills so that maybe one day I can get an invite for the feature spot in @Mather ’s dungeon…errrr…I mean sexy times attic or whatever.

I'm waiting on electric cars until solid state batteries (and other advances) allow the weight to get down to reasonable levels: Nobody Told EV Owners How Quickly They Burn Through Tires
Can’t speak to massive EV trucks. But I drove a used 2013 Nissan leaf for 7 years. By far the best and cheapest-to-own car I’ve ever owned. On cost-of-ownership front, not even close (I can charge at home). Two sets of tires in almost 60k miles. It was totaled in December and has been replaced for 3 years with a leased 2023 Kia Niro EV on terms that are the same or better than equivalent ICE Niro bc of massive incentives on 2023 EVs right now.

Had a unit a lot like this as a kid in the 60's. Ran on D batteries IIRC, and was pretty cool to be able to go mobile with 45's (especially). I'm sure the sound wasn't very good, but that's all we knew back then since most of the music we heard was coming out of transistor radios and, if you were lucky, being recorded on some crappy little tape recorder--required that you be near your recorder when the song you wanted to record came on the radio. It was pretty rare to capture a full song.

View attachment 199002
I gave my daughter one of these for a Christmas gift, she loves it. Now TTL has this cool all black version

1711983097018.png

Pro-Ject announces the ultimate vinyl noise canceller.
Breaking away from the traditional approach of electronically cleaning up an analog signal damaged by scratches and dirt, the Pro-Ject NON Vinyl Box S3 Ultra introduces a revolutionary method.
The Pro-Ject NON Vinyl Box S3 Ultra analyzes the phono input music and matches the song with internet databanks. The matching pure digital file is converted with the onboard DAC and fed into your amplifier through the RCA connectors.
We've galvanically separated the analog phono input from the output signal.
This unit eliminates the need for expensive cartridges and phono preamps. As long as the song is recognizable, The NON Vinyl Box S3 Ultra finds the highest-resolution digital file to feed into your system.
We are working with all major music platforms to offer free access to your favorite music files. Because you already paid for vinyl, why should you pay extra for the digital version?

;)

View attachment 199236

Breaking away from the traditional approach of electronically cleaning up an analog signal damaged by scratches and dirt, the Pro-Ject NON Vinyl Box S3 Ultra introduces a revolutionary method.
The Pro-Ject NON Vinyl Box S3 Ultra analyzes the phono input music and matches the song with internet databanks. The matching pure digital file is converted with the onboard DAC and fed into your amplifier through the RCA connectors.
This unit eliminates the need for expensive cartridges and phono preamps. As long as the song is recognizable, The NON Vinyl Box S3 Ultra finds the highest-resolution digital file to feed into your system.
We are working with all major music platforms to offer free access to your favorite music files. Because you already paid for vinyl, why should you pay extra for the digital version?

;)
Not gonna lie. They had me for a few minutes...

View attachment 199236

;)
I got all the way to “this unit eliminates the need” thinking what the absolute fuck before I remembered what day it is.

View attachment 199236

;)
I think this is my favorite "subtle" part of this, lol
1711983729443.png

Those few of us who got to hear that cover before Waters buried it — bc Gilmore’s wife said Gilmore deserved all creative credit — can verify that PF’s cover of that tune is anything but subtle.
I heard it was buried after Gilmore dedicated the track to Waters wife during a concert, whom he said the cover was inspired by. Waters left the band shortly after, and he and his wife divorced in 1992. This will all be covered in the upcoming behind the music doc on VH1: Sir Mix-A-Floyd: Baby Got Drama.

Back