Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

Does anyone have any suggestions for an RCA toggle switch box with like 3 or more inputs that wouldn't inpact the sound at all but just passthrough?
I've made some recent changes to my setup and currently its looking like this:

Turntable > Phono Preamp > Tone Control > Int Amp (input1) > Passive Speakers
Cassette player > Int Amp (input2) > Passive Speakers
CD player > Int amp (input3) > Passive Speakers

I guess the idea is I was trying to eliminate my subwoofer from the set up and have the tone fill in the low end. This is working well for the turntable but I want to use the Tone control for Tape & CD as well. I was thinking of doing all 3 sources into a RCA Switchbox that goes into Tone Control that just goes into one of the inputs in the int amp. Or maybe a passive preamp with 3 inputs would work too? I'm also open to ideas of how to set this up differently if anyone has any suggestions. I'm trying to simplify the set up as much as I can.
@kvetcha just got a passive so he could help there. Fosi makes a switch with VU meters.

A passive preamp running into the Lokius would do the trick.
Any suggestions for one? Preferably 3 input and not too expensive?

Also, are there any benefits Passive Preamps has over a plain RCA switch? I don't need gain really or volume bar - just need the multi-inputs.

Last edited:
Anyone with experience with the Naim Supernait 3?
(Yes I know it appears that I'm just throwing out everything under the sun here but just bear with me)

Anyone with experience with the Naim Supernait 3?
(Yes I know it appears that I'm just throwing out everything under the sun here but just bear with me)
Check my sig 😉 - I think it’s a beauty, especially with the HiCap DR. I don’t use the phono stage so cannot comment on that but I know others rate it just fine.

I’ve had mine for about a year now. Plenty of power for my room and Spendors, good imaging and detail and most importantly makes me tap my toes and makes me smile!

Plus I love the aesthetic and the future upgrade path options. Naim and Linn go well together.

Plus, going back to your previous posts, you get a nice big transformer:

View attachment 198902
It does benefit from being left on, so I leave all of my kit powered up unless there is a lightning storm coming or I’m going away.

Awesome, thank you for the info! I'm just heading to bed so I'll have more questions tomorrow but the Hi Cap power supply, are you using that solely for the Supernait?

Awesome, thank you for the info! I'm just heading to bed so I'll have more questions tomorrow but the Hi Cap power supply, are you using that solely for the Supernait?
Yes - it can only power one thing. But has longevity as if I were to move to a NAC 282 pre-amp then the HiCap DR can be used on that, or it can be / has to be used to power their standalone phono stages like the Stageline / Superline.

Any suggestions for one? Preferably 3 input and not too expensive?

Also, are there any benefits Passive Preamps has over a plain RCA switch? I don't need gain really or volume bar - just need the multi-inputs.
A passive won’t give you any gain, but the added attenuator is probably not desirable unless you can use your existing amplifier as a straight power amp. Not a ton of high-end options there, though something like a Solupeak unit will do the job.

If you want to pay audiophile money for something handmade, there’s the Decware Zen Switchbox, but $$$.

A passive won’t give you any gain, but the added attenuator is probably not desirable unless you can use your existing amplifier as a straight power amp. Not a ton of high-end options there, though something like a Solupeak unit will do the job.

If you want to pay audiophile money for something handmade, there’s the Decware Zen Switchbox, but $$$.

How are you finding the Khozmo? I’ve been doing a bit of research on them and their sister company Hattor and there are a few options that are more than piquing my interest!

On the passive side also like the look of Music First Audio who use big bespoke transformers. From what I gather they were a high end manufacturer of transformers and one of the family was into audio and so started a little side business making SUTs and preamps using their stock!

How are you finding the Khozmo? I’ve been doing a bit of research on them and their sister company Hattor and there are a few options that are more than piquing my interest!

On the passive side also like the look of Music First Audio who use big bespoke transformers. From what I gather they were a high end manufacturer of transformers and one of the family was into audio and so started a little side business making SUTs and preamps using their stock!
Really enjoying it so far! Didn't get to do much listening yesterday but I'm hoping to have time over the weekend. My wife is painting the back wall today so I have to move the speaker/TV area.

I was looking at some solupeak stuff yesterday but wasn't sure if they're good or like junk - none of these have a lot of reviews online. They're relatively cheap though so I'll give them a shot. The Decware is a bit fancy for my set up i think.

I was looking at some solupeak stuff yesterday but wasn't sure if they're good or like junk - none of these have a lot of reviews online. They're relatively cheap though so I'll give them a shot. The Decware is a bit fancy for my set up i think.
I think the Solupeak honestly looks pretty decently made, and a definite step up from the cheaper $30 units. I say give it a whirl.

It’s such a simple component with only really wire in the signal path that it’s hard to do it badly.

I was always a fan of these old school Sony component switches, from an aesthetics point of view as much as anything else!

Last edited:
Yes - it can only power one thing. But has longevity as if I were to move to a NAC 282 pre-amp then the HiCap DR can be used on that, or it can be / has to be used to power their standalone phono stages like the Stageline / Superline.
Did you ever run the amp without the Hi Cap? If so did you notice a difference between with/without?
{Nice rig BTW, great clean tight setup)

It’s such a simple component with only really wire in the single path that it’s hard to do it badly.

I was always a fan of these old school Sony component switches, from an aesthetics point of view as much as anything else!

This does look cool and I'd actually rather button switches but seems not a lot of places to buy this one locally.

Did you ever run the amp without the Hi Cap? If so did you notice a difference between with/without?
{Nice rig BTW, great clean tight setup)
I did during auditions at my dealer, but I've not run it without at home other than briefly when I was isolating some initial buzz.

During the demos I ran various scenarios up from my previous Rega Elex-R which included taking the HiCap DR in and out of the SN3 set-up. I could hear a difference with it in, namely more detail and a slightly wider more 3d soundstage, but the SN3 is absolutely no slouch without it, I just liked the extra clarity it provided.

This does look cool and I'd actually rather button switches but seems not a lot of places to buy this one locally.

They don’t make them anymore. Sony made 3 or 4 different iterations of these down the years but they’re all out of production. It’s buying used from the likes of eBay really that’s the only option. They are pretty nice looking things though!

Back