Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

So a little progress. I don’t think it’s the anti skate. I think it’s just built up static. On Aretha I cleaned it last night let it dry and played it, the initial play on each side started with a few pops and then slowly dissipated with the pops becoming few and further between. Same with side B. Today the same thing.

The only thing is that when I let it play for a minute, let the static diminish and then restart the record there are no pops when it plays through again. So I guess I need to find a few to mitigate the static. I have an acrylic platter and the record was just cleaned.

So a little progress. I don’t think it’s the anti skate. I think it’s just built up static. On Aretha I cleaned it last night let it dry and played it, the initial play on each side started with a few pops and then slowly dissipated with the pops becoming few and further between. Same with side B. Today the same thing.

The only thing is that when I let it play for a minute, let the static diminish and then restart the record there are no pops when it plays through again. So I guess I need to find a few to mitigate the static. I have an acrylic platter and the record was just cleaned.
Sorry if I missed it, but what's your cleaning method?

I just use a spin clean. With the supplied solution and rags.

I find with my spin clean that there can be static on the first spin after cleaning. Particularly if I play it right away or it’s one of the first dried. The static has usually gone either on the second play or after about a week in an antic static sleeve once I’ve resleeved!

I find with my spin clean that there can be static on the first spin after cleaning. Particularly if I play it right away or it’s one of the first dried. The static has usually gone either on the second play or after about a week in an antic static sleeve once I’ve resleeved!
How long do you typically dry?

currently my upgrade path is to get a schiit magni and either grado SR80e's or Hifiman HE4XX's

either would work really well but i dunno which would have the right soundstage (something warm and pretty but also versatile enough for bass heavy or experimental albums). and i dunno whether to get the magni 3+ or the magni heresy (i dunno what would work since im mostly going to use this as a headphone amp but maybe using it as a bit of a speaker amp in the future if i ever want to could be cool)

had a chance to listen to some Dali speakers today and liked what i heard. they did not have the older Dali Zensor 7 though, i really want to listen to that because theres a nice deal around for the pair. and they would cost me a third of the Oberon 7.

the amp he recommended me for my purposes is an NAD C328 . @HiFi Guy sorry to bother you again, i could not find anything through the search here. any opinion on that one or NAD amps in gereral ?

had a chance to listen to some Dali speakers today and liked what i heard. they did not have the older Dali Zensor 7 though, i really want to listen to that because theres a nice deal around for the pair. and they would cost me a third of the Oberon 7.

the amp he recommended me for my purposes is an NAD C328 . @HiFi Guy sorry to bother you again, i could not find anything through the search here. any opinion on that one or NAD amps in gereral ?

Generally, although I recommend some NAD pieces, I tend not to recommend pieces with built in DACs, which the 328 has. The digital section will go out of date quickly. Resale value will be low because of this.

Generally, although I recommend some NAD pieces, I tend not to recommend pieces with built in DACs, which the 328 has. The digital section will go out of date quickly. Resale value will be low because of this.

thanks for the feedback.

hopefully i can test the Dali speakers on Saturday and buy them on the spot. the store also carries amps.
is there anything in the ~700 € range youd recommend checking out ?

some of the amps seem to be more on the pricey side and ive been checking some deals on this website HIFISHOP too.

Looking to upgrade a set of edifier r2000db speakers in a small room (3m wide), does anyone have any experience of the AirPulse a100's?
airpulse-a100-black_Syh78FYvV.jpg

Airpulse A100 Hi-Res Audio Active Speaker

thanks for the feedback.

hopefully i can test the Dali speakers on Saturday and buy them on the spot. the store also carries amps.
is there anything in the ~700 € range youd recommend checking out ?

some of the amps seem to be more on the pricey side and ive been checking some deals on this website HIFISHOP too.

Here's what I'd look at (alphabetical order)

AMC XIA 50 (without optional USB)
Marantz PM6006
Marantz PM8005
NAD C316 V2

Here's what I'd look at (alphabetical order)

AMC XIA 50 (without optional USB)
Marantz PM6006
Marantz PM8005
NAD C316 V2
Rega Brio-R would be good in that bracket. I used to have a PM6006, nice amp but when I demo’d the Rega it was tighter and more controlled. I ended up going above that to the Elex-R but I think the Brio is a great small cased amp. No headphone out though if that’s an issue?

Rega Brio-R would be good in that bracket. I used to have a PM6006, nice amp but when I demo’d the Rega it was tighter and more controlled. I ended up going above that to the Elex-R but I think the Brio is a great small cased amp. No headphone out though if that’s an issue?

Good point. The Brio-R is way out of the price range here.

Back