Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

Ever checked out the flagship Clearaudio Statement turntable that goes for a cool $275,000? I asked my audio guy, a Clearaudio dealer, what the hanging weight apparatus is all about. He told me that when your yacht is listing due to weight imbalances or heaving waves, your ‘table can remain perfectly stable. Watching the Grand Prix of Monaco I’m left wondering how many of the yachts in the harbor have that record player(!) onboard? What a world we live in.
What could be better than blasting Aja on a $275k turntable while your yacht is docked in Monaco and the Grand Prix is going on in the background?

Having someone else pay for it all?

2deaecf568bd46a27578028effa882a0e5-leo-toast-10.w710.gif

Ever checked out the flagship Clearaudio Statement turntable that goes for a cool $275,000? I asked my audio guy, a Clearaudio dealer, what the hanging weight apparatus is all about. He told me that when your yacht is listing due to weight imbalances or heaving waves, your ‘table can remain perfectly stable. Watching the Grand Prix of Monaco I’m left wondering how many of the yachts in the harbor have that record player(!) onboard? What a world we live in.
$275k is peanuts. The TOTL Forcell Air Force model is $550k with all the options.

I keep looking and there are decent deals on the table but then the refurbishment cost and the arm and the plinth. One day I’ll get either a 401 or an old sp10…
I found an unrestored 301 when I was crate digging with @AnthonyI a few years ago. It was $1700 and with unknown costs to refurbish, buy an arm and plinth, etc- I let it go. I probably shouldn’t have.

Back