Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

Now we've got me screaming at me about me mis-labeling my flattener.

SHIT IS GETTING META UP IN THIS HIZZY
you can afford a 2000 dollar vinyl flat

yet you are using a moving magnet cartridge that is under 1000 dolalrs, on a turntable that is only 1000 dollars

you are audiophile but not too much it seems

you can afford a 2000 dollar vinyl flat

yet you are using a moving magnet cartridge that is under 1000 dolalrs, on a turntable that is only 1000 dollars

you are audiophile but not too much it seems
Given @Mather's luck, I think the Vinyl Flat leads to more listening time that a $10K turntable would. Doesn't matter how much you spend on gear, a record that's warped enough to serve a bowl of chips won't sound right, lol.

Also, I will bring this up again - dollars spent does not equal "audiophile." Interest in sound reproduction = audiophile. You can have no money invested and still be an audiophile. Just reading about it and wanting to learn more is enough to qualify. Those are able to access or even purchase higher end gear are not any more audiophile than the person with zero gear at home. They are simply lucky to have access to resources. They are not better audiophiles. There is no such thing. This is a hobby, not a contest.

expensive audiophile shit is dumb anyway i cant afford it so i must hate it
I think in many cases it comes down to priorities. If I had a car, I wouldn't be able to afford to buy the gear I do. So instead I suffer taking public transit but knowing that all that insurance/gas/car payments can be put towards something I really love.

Just wanted to chime in on this thread once again. So far just a few hours in, I am very much enjoying all of the recent purchases now fully rigged up. Noticing a lot of improvements, but this is only the first day of listening and I'll report back with detailed observations by next Friday or so...hoping to get some further break-in with the cartridge by then. Thank you all for the equipment suggestions, and to @AnthonyI for having the A/T VM95ML on hand! :)

also im so lucky to have never needed a vinyl flat.. sure i get slight warps but its perfectly fine as my cartridge just adapts to it

i sometimes dont know if i even need to upgrade (though on some album there is that feeling of it just not sounding right). listening to things like my RSD picks and fetch the bolt cutters and they sound pretty great and beyond maybe feeling a weird bit of grain on it its pretty nice.. i guess i have a case of "insecurity about my equipment" (also known as it could be better syndrome)

more on enjoyment of what you have in your life
thank you for this advice... i guess i have a lot of jealousy of better higher priced options and wondering if grass is greener of the other side.. the grado is doing pretty fine especially on this fiona apple record (except for on for her where it suddenly sounds muddy so maybe i will still go with the ortofon), i just have been inactive and having a hard time listening to music i love since everything is kinda... sleepy and boring

Back