Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

do microline styli have problems with 45s

i heard in the past that conical stylus is best for 45s and i dunno if a microline or shibata might accidentally break it (yeah im thinking about that for if i buy the used audiotechnica despite owning 2 7inches)

do microline styli have problems with 45s

i heard in the past that conical stylus is best for 45s and i dunno if a microline or shibata might accidentally break it (yeah im thinking about that for if i buy the used audiotechnica despite owning 2 7inches)

Maybe styrene 45s, but I think pretty much everything shreds those. If that's a major concern you'll probably want a conical cartridge especially for that format. No point in compromising all the rest of your listening in the process.

Maybe styrene 45s, but I think pretty much everything shreds those. If that's a major concern you'll probably want a conical cartridge especially for that format. No point in compromising all the rest of your listening in the process.
oh i have absolutely no styrene 45s

i dont care much for 7 inches unless they are EPs and most modern good EPs are on vinyl so the microline will be fine (or the nagaoka)

I'm... We should make sure we aren't bidding against one another...
This is for real. I have watched Zu auctions get out of hand many times. My advice is to set a limit and place one bid for that limit as late as possible. Don't worry if you get outbid, because Zu will [might?] post the item again. Patience will eventually get you the item at a reasonable price.

EDIT: Zu might be running low on their supply of Mission-RCA Mk. 1 interconnect cable, as they haven't posted anything longer than 1.0m since May 8.

Last edited:
Well, I'm the current winning bid on the auction closing in 2 hours and 30 minutes 🤷‍♂️ :)
And? I see someone won for the reasonable price of $65.00, considering the last ten or so cables sold. That someone has a feedback score of 2, which sounds like someone who's bought 4 things on ebay.

The disaster is that bidder with a feedback of 135, who clearly doesn't understand how automatic bidding works. Sheesh.

Last edited:
Back