Do you make stuff?

Thanks for sharing!

With the name and images - music, painting/arts, and cooking - I thought maybe it was a thought born out of quarantine. I didn't think of it in a negative way. Just the idea of becoming reacquainted with our hobbies and passions while we haunt the halls of our condensed lockdown lives.
100%. It was kind of a way for me to make something that had meaning for me in the “old world” (being an introvert and choosing to do those solitary indoor hobbies for fun) and the current reality (having to stay inside and lean on those same hobbies to make the most of it). And a hyper-simple cute thing I could see my kid loving someday. #sentimentalnewdad

Over the last 6 weeks, when I wasn’t binge watching Impractical Jokers or Hotel Impossible, I was designing these little guys with my free arm while I held my tiny fart factory in the other arm. The hope is to get them funded as pins & stickers over the next month via Kickstarter and release them as my first enamel pin set in over a year (good riddance 2020).

View attachment 82414

I don’t normally do cute, adorable stuff but I’ve been worn down into appreciating light, wholesome stuff over the last few busy/wild months.

Oh these are fantastic! The Music Ghost description is spot on. I'm not a pin collector, but I am definitely ordering some stickers!

Backed! Can't wait!

Oh these are fantastic! The Music Ghost description is spot on. I'm not a pin collector, but I am definitely ordering some stickers!

In for all 3 pins, early birb.

Thank you! Please shoot me a message here or on KS so I can link your KS and N&G accounts/names. I want to throw in some extra stuff for you and any N&G folks who pledge. This forum has been a huge help over the last few months with all the record sales from folks here to help me cover some non-baby emergency bills right before the baby came & also general advice like easy breezy TV recs I can watch while up late feeding the little creature. ✌🏽

I’m really enjoying paint...View attachment 82942
Can I just comment on how much your composition skills are improving? They were always really good, but with the latest pieces, I feel like they have a lot more interest. The way you use the color and decide whether to fill in a space with lines or swirls is so much fun because it allows the eye to move around without getting too visually tired. The use of line, especially diagonal makes it so dynamic and I love the "torn" effect of the jagged lines all of these elements gives the piece a sense of movement that is fabulous.

Can I just comment on how much your composition skills are improving? They were always really good, but with the latest pieces, I feel like they have a lot more interest. The way you use the color and decide whether to fill in a space with lines or swirls is so much fun because it allows the eye to move around without getting too visually tired. The use of line, especially diagonal makes it so dynamic and I love the "torn" effect of the jagged lines all of these elements gives the piece a sense of movement that is fabulous.
Thank you so much, I do NOT take that lightly. I've really been trying this last year to work on my attention to detail and when to attempt to hold back. I feel my post it's are helping with designs as well and the feedback I get on here is priceless. Started on something a little different last night but we will see where it goes. Really appreciate this and thank you for being so receptive. It means the world and made my morning reading this.

Finished a new corner panel.

0109211043_HDR~2.jpg0109211044_HDR~2.jpg

Also working on a MF DOOM tribute. Still need to cut three more pieces for his mask, then clean, solder, and frame, but I'm pretty excited about this piece (hence the early post with dirty glass and missing pieces). Anyways, It's the DOOM mask on an irradescent metal gray glass, with red jewel, dark green translucent eyes, in a clear and green textured pinwheel.

@scotthilk (PM me if interested).

0110211526~2.jpg

Finished a new corner panel.

View attachment 83268View attachment 83269

Also working on a MF DOOM tribute. Still need to cut three more pieces for his mask, then clean, solder, and frame, but I'm pretty excited about this piece (hence the early post with dirty glass and missing pieces). Anyways, It's the DOOM mask on an irradescent metal gray glass, with red jewel, dark green translucent eyes, in a clear and green textured pinwheel.

@scotthilk (PM me if interested).

View attachment 83270
Damnnnnnn, these are both amazing! Next in line if @scotthilk falls through!

Nothing physical but sometimes in lieu of having an instrument in front of me I like to see what free synths and sequencers there are online. I thought this little guy was fun, and took me about 10 min to make a little loop that I probably listened to for longer than I should admit...

Also, damn if people didn't spend some time making intricate stuff.

Edited 'cause I fleshed it out some.

Last edited:
Nothing physical but sometimes in lieu of having an instrument in front of me I like to see what free synths and sequencers there are online. I thought this little guy was fun, and took me about 10 min to make a little loop that I probably listened to for longer than I should admit...

Also, damn if people didn't spend some time making intricate stuff.
I had a play with VCV Rack for a wee bit. Didn't get that far, and it was a total resource hog on my laptop. Fancy giving something like that another go though.

I had a play with VCV Rack for a wee bit. Didn't get that far, and it was a total resource hog on my laptop. Fancy giving something like that another go though.
This is all browser-based so I'm sure it has limitations when, maybe, compared to VCV Rack (I'm not familiar w/ it - looks like a modular synth emulator? I've seen a couple of free mod synth platforms).

I prefer playing physical instruments (notwithstanding that great music has been solely made w/ DAWs/PC-based programs), but I was having fun grooving w/ this one.

This is all browser-based so I'm sure it has limitations when, maybe, compared to VCV Rack (I'm not familiar w/ it - looks like a modular synth emulator? I've seen a couple of free mod synth platforms).

I prefer playing physical instruments (notwithstanding that great music has been solely made w/ DAWs/PC-based programs), but I was having fun grooving w/ this one.
Yeah, think I was diving in at the deep end with VCV!

Back