Discogs - Help, Tricks, Secrets And Tips

Probably just got an Olympic grade stopwatch and wanted to test it out
This one specifically

Don't anyone tell this guy that his interpretation about transcribing gaps in runout data is incorrect and they should be only denoted by "a space" as it is stated in the guideline and not multiple spaces - and a link to staff input was also provided - unless you like to read the incoherent ranting of a madman.

as they have taken up way too much of that sub edit already - I decided to use the ping thread to send them a note - as this behavior needs to be more public.

Last edited:
Don't anyone tell this guy that his interpretation about transcribing gaps in runout data is incorrect and they should be only denoted by "a space" and not multiple spaces as it is stated in the guideline and a link to staff input was also provided - unless you like to read the incoherent ranting of a madman.

as they have taken up way too much of that sub edit already - I decided to use the ping thread to send them a note - as this behavior needs to be more public.

Jesus.

Don't anyone tell this guy that his interpretation about transcribing gaps in runout data is incorrect and they should be only denoted by "a space" as it is stated in the guideline and not multiple spaces - and a link to staff input was also provided - unless you like to read the incoherent ranting of a madman.

The fuck was that?

That was some Ted Kaczynski-esque ramblings about spacing. I am sure his academic peers love him.

i couldn't even bring myself to finish reading that wacko's screeds when mr. ving shared them with me yesterday. dude very much takes the cake for best troll or most seriously in need of help. not sure which.

Yeah...when I mentioned that I left the Discogs forums and being so active for a bit and it helped with my mental health I was seriously hoping they would take the hint at me saying they probably need to do the same, as it really did help....as it seems they may need some professional help.

As it is, there is nothing more to say to the guy. At least there's nothing more I can say that won't lead to more whining that I'm being mean and hostile.

Users that keep arguing against an already established consensus and staff telling us how to do it aren't worth my time, and anyone that writes that long winded post in a sub edit like they did clearly has other issues.

I've never come across a sub edit post that has been close to that length.

Now I'm the troll??

I say "shit" once - and not even towards him, but his incorrect edits - and that's "offensive and antisocial"?? No where were any of my posts to him "full with rage", and I only got sarcastic after he brought up his scholarly biography...which was an obvious attempt at a flex. He is the one that got super defensive when I and another user pointed out he is incorrect - neither of which were at all disrespectful or patronizing as he claims - but that I guess is enough to make him think we are calling him a "halfwit" and being disrespectful.

So there's yet another user also telling him he is wrong and yet he doubles/triples down that he's the aggrieved one.

Now I'm the troll??

I say "shit" once - and not even towards him, but his incorrect edits - and that's "offensive and antisocial"?? No where were any of my posts to him "full with rage", and I only got sarcastic after he brought up his scholarly biography...which was an obvious attempt at a flex. He is the one that got super defensive when I and another user pointed out he is incorrect - neither of which were at all disrespectful or patronizing as he claims - but that I guess is enough to make him think we are calling him a "halfwit" and being disrespectful.

So there's yet another user also telling him he is wrong and yet he doubles/triples down that he's the aggrieved one.

Guy needs a different fuckin' hobby.

Back