Discogs - Help, Tricks, Secrets And Tips

Now I'm the troll??

I say "shit" once - and not even towards him, but his incorrect edits - and that's "offensive and antisocial"?? No where were any of my posts to him "full with rage", and I only got sarcastic after he brought up his scholarly biography...which was an obvious attempt at a flex. He is the one that got super defensive when I and another user pointed out he is incorrect - neither of which were at all disrespectful or patronizing as he claims - but that I guess is enough to make him think we are calling him a "halfwit" and being disrespectful.

So there's yet another user also telling him he is wrong and yet he doubles/triples down that he's the aggrieved one.
He could use this:

I am seeing Discogs re-listing some of my old inventory that sold or was cancelled in the past. Now I need to look at all of my listings.

Has anyone noticed the low - median - high price of a record highlighted in your 'collection' differing from the low - median - high price shown on the release page statistics?

I know Discogs isn't the most accurate representation of a collections 'value' anyway, but in some cases i've seen the 2 differ by £100+ and every single record differs to some extent, which makes the total stats completely obsolete.

Heres an example with the last record that I added to my collection.

Random1.png
Random2.png

I don't know if it's the same thing but any big swings in the value of my collection (eg the time it grew and fell by £3,000 in a day) I now put down to changes in my currency (pounds) versus the dollar. That would probably explain the small differences, but not the big ones.

Weird. I just did a random check on 6 titles in my collection. 3 showed different median amounts between the collection screen and the release screen. Of the 3, only 1 was a large amount (more than $10). The other 3 were correct.
Its very annoying and something that I have noticed for a long while. Kind of makes the overall collection 'value' redundant.
I don't know if it's the same thing but any big swings in the value of my collection (eg the time it grew and fell by £3,000 in a day) I now put down to changes in my currency (pounds) versus the dollar. That would probably explain the small differences, but not the big ones.
The change in currency definitely plays a part. I will randomly note down the current median of some of the bigger records in my notes and will often see it change without any having sold. In fact, the past 50-100 records I have 'added' to my collection hasnt made an impact at all on the overall median as the value keeps dropping, so they balance out.

I've mentioned my issue to @GentleSenator before - but I can't stand when someone adds a web image to a new sub I just submitted within 5 minutes of it being up.

First off - If that was allowed I would have done it.

Secondly - Keep your panties on - there's no rush to have an image. Images are not a requirement. You can see on my profile that I do upload images, I just don't always get to them right when I submit a new release. If no one else uploads actual images of the physical release I'll eventually get to it.

As for instant new sellers - I've noticed this happening frequently in the last couple years. Sellers are just waiting for someone else to make the page so they can get it up - usually it's not even the right variant.

I've mentioned my issue to @GentleSenator before - but I can't stand when someone adds a web image to a new sub I just submitted within 5 minutes of it being up.

First off - If that was allowed I would have done it.

Secondly - Keep your panties on - there's no rush to have an image. Images are not a requirement. You can see on my profile that I do upload images, I just don't always get to them right when I submit a new release. If no one else uploads actual images of the physical release I'll eventually get to it.

As for instant new sellers - I've noticed this happening frequently in the last couple years. Sellers are just waiting for someone else to make the page so they can get it up - usually it's not even the right variant.
This to me is a discogs issue and why individual seller listings should require images of their own item. I’m sure that’s a database nightmare but it’s very weird that when I buy an item it’s just kind of a blind buy.

This to me is a discogs issue and why individual seller listings should require images of their own item. I’m sure that’s a database nightmare but it’s very weird that when I buy an item it’s just kind of a blind buy.
I rarely buy an unopened album off of Discogs unless it’s fairly obvious which version I will getting. When I order an opened item and I am looking for a specific press, I will ask them to confirm what the runout before I will send payment and if it isn’t the correct one I have them cancel the order.

So I have a strange situation currently happening.
I had someone place an order for 2 items, and for some reason, they only got invoiced for shipping. Now Discogs won't let me cancel/refund the order, and I am kinda lost on what to do.
Anyone know what could have happened here?
1712752226991.png

So I have a strange situation currently happening.
I had someone place an order for 2 items, and for some reason, they only got invoiced for shipping. Now Discogs won't let me cancel/refund the order, and I am kinda lost on what to do.
Anyone know what could have happened here?
View attachment 199993

That is bizarre! I've had it the other way round a few times before, invoices sent without shipping. Hope you managed to settle up.

Back