Discogs - Help, Tricks, Secrets And Tips

Why can’t I revert the most recent and super knuckleheaded edit here?
View attachment 191929
The voting system, which includes an "entirely incorrect" revert, is terrible. One needs to have some special secret sauce to be allowed to vote, which apparently you don't have yet. You can still edit it back without voting though.
Cheers.

I should add the user looks like they've not made many edits either so they probably don't know any better. This could be a good opportunity for you to make the black vinyl submission and edit this one back to the cream version. That way you'll get a few extra special secret sauce points toward voting rights.

I should add the user looks like they've not made many edits either so they probably don't know any better. This could be a good opportunity for you to make the black vinyl submission and edit this one back to the cream version. That way you'll get a few extra special secret sauce points toward voting rights.

maybe, but they've also been on the site for years. completely hijacking a release is silly, especially with the amount of buttons you have to click in order to confirm/submit.

The voting system, which includes an "entirely incorrect" revert, is terrible. One needs to have some special secret sauce to be allowed to vote, which apparently you don't have yet. You can still edit it back without voting though.
Cheers.
I was just confused cause I could revert the older edits or was hitting revert taking it back to that version?

Looks good!

A couple of things...
Discogs has 2 kinds of "written by" credits. Only the one with the hyphen "written-by" links the artist to their page. "photography by" is similar, but it doesn't have a hyphen for whatever reason. It is annoying to deal with, but it is what it is...

The other thing is people usually put in the Matrix/Runout free text description fields "Runout Side A" or some variation of that. Take note though, some users really like to enforce capitalization here, even though there is no reason to. Haha.

Looks good!

A couple of things...
Discogs has 2 kinds of "written by" credits. Only the one with the hyphen "written-by" links the artist to their page. "photography by" is similar, but it doesn't have a hyphen for whatever reason. It is annoying to deal with, but it is what it is...

The other thing is people usually put in the Matrix/Runout free text description fields "Runout Side A" or some variation of that. Take note though, some users really like to enforce capitalization here, even though there is no reason to. Haha.
Done!

Thanks, yeah just keeps reloading the sign in screen for me. Uninstalled and reinstalled and same issue.

I'm using Chrome on my phone and I get a note saying "We are aware of some login issues users may be having" or some such... so I reckon they're working on it. I'll pay closer attention next time

Back