Discogs - Help, Tricks, Secrets And Tips

Weird one - I sold a record a few days ago and received payment via PayPal but the status still shows as Invoice Sent. I messaged the buyer tracking info...do I need to investigate it any further or just let it ride?

Weird one - I sold a record a few days ago and received payment via PayPal but the status still shows as Invoice Sent. I messaged the buyer tracking info...do I need to investigate it any further or just let it ride?

I recently had one order like that. Only one so far but I check all the invoice orders now to make sure.

Ended up upgrading them to priority mail because of the delay and toyed with the idea of asking discogs to reimburse, however that's a lost cause because when they reply in a month I will have forgotten why I emailed. 😂

I recently had one order like that. Only one so far but I check all the invoice orders now to make sure.

Ended up upgrading them to priority mail because of the delay and toyed with the idea of asking discogs to reimburse, however that's a lost cause because when they reply in a month I will have forgotten why I emailed. 😂
yeah, I messaged the buyer and they were fine with things as long as the record arrives!

Hi guys and Merry Christmas!

Discogs/online purchase question. I put an order in a week ago for a record (and paid) from abroad and the seller has now messaged asking if I want to upgrade to tracked to be protected, stating I am responsible if it goes missing. Surely it's the seller's responsibility for shipping?

I responded by saying as much and their response was "Hope you Keep being happy in case of loss 🙏 ?".

The issue is that I have already paid €8.50 for postage, plus €8.85 in VAT, on top of the price of the record. It wasn't an overly expensive record at all and with the additional €6 im fast approaching paid more in fees than I am for the record.

Any thoughts?

Hi guys and Merry Christmas!

Discogs/online purchase question. I put an order in a week ago for a record (and paid) from abroad and the seller has now messaged asking if I want to upgrade to tracked to be protected, stating I am responsible if it goes missing. Surely it's the seller's responsibility for shipping?

I responded by saying as much and their response was "Hope you Keep being happy in case of loss 🙏 ?".

The issue is that I have already paid €8.50 for postage, plus €8.85 in VAT, on top of the price of the record. It wasn't an overly expensive record at all and with the additional €6 im fast approaching paid more in fees than I am for the record.

Any thoughts?

Responsibility is with the seller and if paid though PayPal you have a claim through that if it doesn’t arrive in a reasonable timeframe.

Yeah I don’t think there’s a legal basis that I’m fully aware but it’s generally accepted practice and PayPal are usually good with that, especially as the seller tends to be protected by them too in such no fault losses.
Perfect. I really dont expect there to be an issue to be honest, but best to have myself covered just in case.

If a seller gives you bogus policies that can’t be enforced if they accept your payment via PayPal, I just ignore it and make a mental note that I may get an expletive laden message if/when I need to exercise any buyer protections via PayPal.

Back