Discogs - Help, Tricks, Secrets And Tips

to be honest - I really don't care all that much about the release. I'm not a huge fan of the band myself, I just picked up a couple of their albums since they were cheap. (half as much as THE_JUGGERNAUT is selling it for) I don't feel like wasting time with it...if he feels like emailing the band, so be it.

It's just sad that a simple "you need a source for that" comment started all this shit.

to be honest - I really don't care all that much about the release. I'm not a huge fan of the band myself, I just picked up a couple of their albums since they were cheap. (half as much as THE_JUGGERNAUT is selling it for) I don't feel like wasting time with it...if he feels like emailing the band, so be it.

It's just sad that a simple "you need a source for that" comment started all this shit.
It’s exhausting.

It’s exhausting.

It really is. I just initiated the merge so I can hopefully forget about THE_JUGGERNAUT.

To change the subject - I was assisting someone I know from the Hoffman forums and we are looking to get this one merged -

yes votes are appreciated if you can.

Thanks for the votes on that Dwarves release - if you voted.

I added a note to the submission - I hope this is the last I hear from THE_JUGGERNAUT (but for some reason I doubt it will be)

Marketed by Zia Records as an exclusive pressing, "limited to 150", but this same pressing is also available at the bands website, so the exact pressing run is unknown. Pressings sold by the band are signed by Blag on the rear sleeve.

And I've spent way too much time on that release.

Last edited:
I just find the metadata bullshit with Discogs exhausting. This is why I have not contributed any edits in about 10 years. I just wished when they designed the metatdata backend they asked somebody with knowledge in the field. Just an hour would have steered things a totally different direction with how Discogs stores and displays data.

I tried looking it up but the discogs wiki stuff can be kinda confusing....i've been trying to add deadwax in for a number of releases. what's the proper way to distinguish between etched and stamped deadwax? For example, I'm looking at a record with the following deadwax:

093624855958-A 261850E1 1655538 BG

the first set of numbers is etched, then the next two are stamped and then BG is etched. And it also has the triangle symbol etched in (it's escaping me now what that symbol means...)

Depending on who you talk to, distinguishing between etched and stamped isn't necessary. I think the latest recommendation is to put any etched or stamped description in the notes section and not in the fee text field of the runouts. Some folks get more opinionated than others with this sort of thing.
The stamped 261850E1 is for GZ media. That could be either pressing or mastering or both.
The etched BG is for Bernie Grundman, he does mastering and/or lacquer cut.
The 093624855958 is probably the Catalog number.
Not sure what the 1655538, could be for Record Industry for the pressing plant.

Depending on who you talk to, distinguishing between etched and stamped isn't necessary. I think the latest recommendation is to put any etched or stamped description in the notes section and not in the fee text field of the runouts. Some folks get more opinionated than others with this sort of thing.
The stamped 261850E1 is for GZ media. That could be either pressing or mastering or both.
The etched BG is for Bernie Grundman, he does mastering and/or lacquer cut.
The 093624855958 is probably the Catalog number.
Not sure what the 1655538, could be for Record Industry for the pressing plant.
thanks! Yea i knew about GZ/BG/RI just wasn't sure how to indicate etched vs stamped. So I may just add it for now so the deadwax info is in there. a bit unsure if it was plated at GZ then pressed at RI or vice-versa so don't wanna add incorrect info there.

it has this triangle symbol etched in as well but wasn't sure how to list that:
IMG_8765.JPG

Last edited:
I tried looking it up but the discogs wiki stuff can be kinda confusing....i've been trying to add deadwax in for a number of releases. what's the proper way to distinguish between etched and stamped deadwax? For example, I'm looking at a record with the following deadwax:

the first set of numbers is etched, then the next two are stamped and then BG is etched. And it also has the triangle symbol etched in (it's escaping me now what that symbol means...)
Just noting that the 1655538 isn’t related to Record Industry, it’s part of the GZ identifiers. Per the GZ profile page:
New 6-7 digits long serial numbers (IDs) of nickel mothers…

and yeah, descriptions go in the Release Notes section now.

You can copy this symbol for the triangle: Δ
or just put [triangle] in the runouts.

Just noting that the 1655538 isn’t related to Record Industry, it’s part of the GZ identifiers. Per the GZ profile page:
New 6-7 digits long serial numbers (IDs) of nickel mothers…

Ah yes, I vaguely remember this is a new thing for GZ. I haven't run across any in my collection yet. Thanks for pointing that out! :)
Also thanks for all the awesome contributions and cleaning up my attempts to emulate your edits 😁 🍻

Back