Discogs - Help, Tricks, Secrets And Tips

this sorta thing is kinda tough and always gets contentious. usually the best choice is actual "color" first with marketing word or phrase in brackets like you stated: "Clear [Milky Clear]"
Yeah. I already changed "Around the Sun" form "Opaque White" to "White Opaque" and someone already commented that it was an incorrect change although the guidelines specifically state that the most distinguishing feature, in this case the color, should come first.

Are y’all trying to make me even more impatient for this record to arrive today?

Anyone know how to merge what seem to be two listings for the exact same release? The 2016 listing adds nothing to differentiate it from the 2015 listing.
2015:
2016:

Anyone know how to merge what seem to be two listings for the exact same release? The 2016 listing adds nothing to differentiate it from the 2015 listing.
2015:
2016:
When you go to edit release, "merge release" will be an option. The numbers in the URL are what you need to enter in the version fields.

When you go to edit release, "merge release" will be an option. The numbers in the URL are what you need to enter in the version fields.
Okay! I did it. Now it just needs to be voted through...

Could that have happened in transit? Was the mailer bent like that?
Ah sorry, didn't realize I didn't throw the mailer they sent in!
4FE5C482-BB64-4540-A876-1A67E7B42CB3.jpeg88921B61-6552-4281-B2E6-23E9C536D1A7.jpeg
The mailer is 100% bent like that. My thought is - who the hell ships records (let alone overseas) in anything like this. It is NOT a box; more akin to a USPS mailer.

Last edited:
Ah sorry, didn't realize I didn't throw the mailer they sent in!
View attachment 178313View attachment 178314
The mailer is 100% bent like that. My thought is - who the hell ships records (let alone overseas) in anything like this. It is NOT a box; more akin to a USPS mailer.
So it looks like it was damaged during shipment. Was it insured? Because I would start there.

So it looks like it was damaged during shipment. Was it insured? Because I would start there.
I would probably start by messaging the seller. Let them know it arrived damaged. If they're a good seller they'll make it right and file a claim on their side to get reimbursed for whatever standard insurance might've come with the shipment.

I would probably start by messaging the seller. Let them know it arrived damaged. If they're a good seller they'll make it right and file a claim on their side to get reimbursed for whatever standard insurance might've come with the shipment.
Crazy thing is they have 100% rating with over 4000 reviews. I am just blown away that they thought shipping 3 records and a CD in a mailer would work out.

My experience with Euro & UK shippers (especially shops) is they use flimsy thin cardboard mailers to save money. Sleeves are almost always creased.

How would I list an item that there is no exact entry for? I was looking into selling a copy of Mac Demarco 'Salad Days' that I purchases around 2014-2015. I ordered what was supposed to be the regular black version, but it came on yellow vinyl. It looked exactly like the banana yellow from the box set released around the same time. My guess is that they possibly had some leftover yellow copies from the sets and just mixed them in. Could've been an error. Who knows. How would I sell this?

edit: I purchased this directly from Captured Tracks

How would I list an item that there is no exact entry for? I was looking into selling a copy of Mac Demarco 'Salad Days' that I purchases around 2014-2015. I ordered what was supposed to be the regular black version, but it came on yellow vinyl. It looked exactly like the banana yellow from the box set released around the same time. My guess is that they possibly had some leftover yellow copies from the sets and just mixed them in. Could've been an error. Who knows. How would I sell this?

Sounds like an error. You could either create a new entry (which would probably be the best plan if you are looking to sell since it would highlight the discrepancy) or you could post it under the the version with the standard black copies, charge like $10 more than the average and then include a sellers note highlighting that it’s on yellow wax instead of black.

Is it opaque yellow or translucent? The path of least resistance would be to list it under the set entry but note it’s only the LP, or use one of the more recent yellow entries if they’re close matches.

Is it opaque yellow or translucent? The path of least resistance would be to list it under the set entry but note it’s only the LP, or use one of the more recent yellow entries if they’re close matches.

It is the solid orangey yellow like the one in the box set pictures. In fact, upon inspection it looks like the box contains versions of each record shrink wrapped individually(Salad Days and Sald Days Demos). So possibly they had extra and just sent them out with orders. I commented about it years ago on discogs and someone else said it happened to them as well.

It is the solid orangey yellow like the one in the box set pictures. In fact, upon inspection it looks like the box contains versions of each record shrink wrapped individually(Salad Days and Sald Days Demos). So possibly they had extra and just sent them out with orders. I commented about it years ago on discogs and someone else said it happened to them as well.
I see. In that case I would list it under the boxset, but be very clear that’s it’s just the LP. I wouldn’t go into that you ordered it separately, too confusing.

If there are enough people that this happened to, I think you could make a separate entry for it. Though if you’re trying to sell now, you won’t get a lot of eyeballs on a new entry.

Alright guys. Curious how you would handle this one. Spent a decent amount getting these shipped over from the UK and to say I’m disappointed is an understatement. I haven't bothered to open them up yet to see just how warped they are...

View attachment 178312View attachment 178311
That definitely sucks, and I'd be upset too, but looking at the way those jackets are bent, I can see a possibility for the vinyl being relatively unaffected. Kind of a best-case scenario, I guess. Let us know when you work up the courage to look!

Back