Discogs - Help, Tricks, Secrets And Tips

so i filed the seller not responding thing . shall i wait until the reponse time expires now ? i really dont want to go to paypal straight away and hope to solve this once he decides to reply. is there any disadvantage to wait before going trough paypal ?

I would go through paypal as well. There is a delay with paypal to "investigate" and you can always cancel the complaint if you resolve it.

Thanks to advice on this thread, I've jumped in and started selling on Discogs. I'm selling 1-2 LPs a week and it's ... exhilarating! (Is that weird?!)

Anyway, I'm interested in starting to sell some of my CD collection. Does anyone have any advice on shipping CDs? What's the Discogs "norm" - padded envelopes? Cardboard CD boxes?

Thanks to advice on this thread, I've jumped in and started selling on Discogs. I'm selling 1-2 LPs a week and it's ... exhilarating! (Is that weird?!)

Anyway, I'm interested in starting to sell some of my CD collection. Does anyone have any advice on shipping CDs? What's the Discogs "norm" - padded envelopes? Cardboard CD boxes?
I sold several hundred CDs years ago and shipped them all in padded/bubble mailers, never had a single complaint.

In high school, circa 2002, I built my own music review website and I got on the promo lists for a ton of indie rock/pop-punk labels (who had no idea I was 16). By college, I had like 800-900 CDs and many of them were like-new CDs in their actual packaging with just a small sharpie mark on the barcode. Anyway, between 2005 and 2008, I sold a ton of those promos on Half.com for like $10-20 each. The last time I took my CD collection out of my closet and looked up prices, every CD I checked was listed on eBay for like $3 with free shipping. :oops:

In high school, circa 2002, I built my own music review website and I got on the promo lists for a ton of indie rock/pop-punk labels (who had no idea I was 16). By college, I had like 800-900 CDs and many of them were like-new CDs in their actual packaging with just a small sharpie mark on the barcode. Anyway, between 2005 and 2008, I sold a ton of those promos on Half.com for like $10-20 each. The last time I took my CD collection out of my closet and looked up prices, every CD I checked was listed on eBay for like $3 with free shipping. :oops:
As a collector of vinyl promos, I haven't seen too many CD promos that have become valuable.

The small handful I have seen are promos of releases that end up not getting released, for one reason or another.

To go along with my soundtracks list, I also have a list of promos I own.

Wow, I know prices have risen on discogs due to inflation but this seller is really going all out:

I was thinking that all it takes is one person to accidentally buy one record for $70,000, and the scam worked. But then I thought, who even has a card with a $70,000 credit limit? Not me, not even close.

Well, Kevin Shields is being a fucking prick about a download card that wasn’t included in the record I sent. I provided the code and it didn’t work for them. So I sent him the files I had downloaded from Bandcamp via Dropbox. He sent me a very patronizing response. Can’t please everyone I guess. View attachment 122813

Yeesh, he could have just sent an email to the label.

I had someone purchase from me today and within 5 mins messages to cancel order with no reasoning just “cancel order” After peeping their feedback they are a habitual non payer/order canceling buyer. Should I:
A: oblige and cancel the order.
B: do nothing and let the 4 day non payment cancellation go into effect giving them a negative strike.

I have canceled orders at buyers request multiple times for various reasons but this buyer with multiple cancellations is just rubbing me the wrong way.

Thoughts/suggestions?

Well, Kevin Shields is being a fucking prick about a download card that wasn’t included in the record I sent. I provided the code and it didn’t work for them. So I sent him the files I had downloaded from Bandcamp via Dropbox. He sent me a very patronizing response. Can’t please everyone I guess. View attachment 122813
Who in their right mind expects a download card from a used record to be present, much less work?

Back