Discogs - Help, Tricks, Secrets And Tips

Makes sense I think! I don't have a printer lol so I'll have to get that figured out before I send the package. thank you!

No worries! It’s straightforward enough once you print it off. One of those things that feels more complicated than it actually is once you do it lol! I was the same though. Don’t have a printer and work block all attachments. Had to go to a print shop and see if they’d print just one page off 😂

No worries! It’s straightforward enough once you print it off. One of those things that feels more complicated than it actually is once you do it lol! I was the same though. Don’t have a printer and work block all attachments. Had to go to a print shop and see if they’d print just one page off 😂
yeah I've been remote since last year and normally would use my work printer. I'll have to go to my library or the UPS store.

I think the USPS will provide blank forms and clear envelopes, you'll just have to fill them out by hand.
I know the customs form will be the one that is taped to the front in the clear envelope thing. I printed off the form that Discogs provided too. That needs to be affixed to the package as far as I know? Or can that go inside the clear envelope as well?

I know the customs form will be the one that is taped to the front in the clear envelope thing. I printed off the form that Discogs provided too. That needs to be affixed to the package as far as I know? Or can that go inside the clear envelope as well?

USPS doesnt require the forms to be attached to the outside of the package, UPS does.

Just tell the buyer to hit the print button at the top of the order page, that's their receipt/proof they paid vat.

USPS doesnt require the forms to be attached to the outside of the package, UPS does.

Just tell the buyer to hit the print button at the top of the order page, that's their receipt/proof they paid vat.
OMG! it's so confusing. Good to know. I will let the buyer know. Thanks!

Ok quick question.

A buyer wants to do Priority Mail shipping but I have Media Mail shipping set up as a default. How would I go about adjusting the settings to make sure I can revise the shipping cost before the pull the trigger and buy?

Ok quick question.

A buyer wants to do Priority Mail shipping but I have Media Mail shipping set up as a default. How would I go about adjusting the settings to make sure I can revise the shipping cost before the pull the trigger and buy?
in the past I've had someone message me after the sale for this and I just did Priority mail, but charged them after via PayPal the difference. If you do a friends and family charge on PayPal there will be no PayPal fee. e.g. if Priority was $12 and I had it set up for $4, I charged them $8 offline of discogs for the shipping. I posted a photo of the receipt to Imgur, sent it over to be transparent and they were totally fine with that.

If you didn't want to do that you'd have to adjust your seller settings for shipping which can be tricky.

in the past I've had someone message me after the sale for this and I just did Priority mail, but charged them after via PayPal the difference. If you do a friends and family charge on PayPal there will be no PayPal fee. e.g. if Priority was $12 and I had it set up for $4, I charged them $8 offline of discogs for the shipping. I posted a photo of the receipt to Imgur, sent it over to be transparent and they were totally fine with that.

If you didn't want to do that you'd have to adjust your seller settings for shipping which can be tricky.
The first part was what I was planning on doing, or basically telling them I was going to change the price of the item to cover the additional shipping. I'd rather not go too deep in the settings.

The first part was what I was planning on doing, or basically telling them I was going to change the price of the item to cover the additional shipping. I'd rather not go too deep in the settings.
Yup discogs pricing is confusing. I have single LPs set for $4, but each additional LP is another $4, so I recently sold a 3xLP for $12 shipping and refunded the buyer because it was not going to be that much. I think it was like $5.30 with Media mail because it was just a double gatefold. Figuring out how to set pricing feels like an overly complicated excel formula.

Yup discogs pricing is confusing. I have single LPs set for $4, but each additional LP is another $4, so I recently sold a 3xLP for $12 shipping and refunded the buyer because it was not going to be that much. I think it was like $5.30 with Media mail because it was just a double gatefold. Figuring out how to set pricing feels like an overly complicated excel formula.
I know. As much as I like the automated invoice feature I wish there was one last confirmation on my end before it goes out. Like a "hey this look good"?

I've told my rep every time we talk that they need to do carrier calculated shipping per order. That way what's important in a listing is the weight of each item + packing offset and the price is set. This way we, as sellers, don't have to jump through hoops and can easily sell internationally without doing the math for each region of the world.

Has anyone found a hack or something to deal with Discogs deleting records from your collection? I did an inventory of my shelves and found 47 that were missing. Please don't say spreadsheet, lol.

The curse of the vanished entries .....my Moody Blues vinyl disappeared...thought it was the fashion police

I mean, really?

View attachment 117530

Edit: removed username, although you can see it on discogs. Trying to highlight the act not the prerson.
Wait so they’re giving you negative feedback for another order they made from a different seller? Lawd.

File a claim with discogs and they’ll remove it. I had to do something similar though it’ll still show on the removed feedback portion of your profile.

Wait so they’re giving you negative feedback for another order they made from a different seller? Lawd.

File a claim with discogs and they’ll remove it. I had to do something similar though it’ll still show on the removed feedback portion of your profile.

I've reached out to them and challenged with Discogs. Retaliating against me thinking it will hurt Discogs? Crazy.

Back