Discogs - Help, Tricks, Secrets And Tips

It looked like you might be missing a digit or two based on the image of the back of the sleeve.

yep...missing the first and last digits

X 80882 37251 X

These should also only be in a continuous string if they are scanned - best to write them as above with the spaces and scanned.

When a barcode is scanned, there is sometimes extra digits - or sometimes they are completely different from the text printed. Pretty much any barcode/QR app will work for this.

As for the removed note "Features a reworked version of previous 12" single VINCENT TYLER"

I think this means the track C2 Vincent Tyler is a different version than the previously released 12" - Nick Hakim / Onyx Collective - Nick Hakim / Onyx Collective

Not that it came with a 12"
Yes. I did not write that original note—it was on the original black vinyl listing I copied. I did update it to say 2xLP though. Also, when I scanned the barcode using the discogs app, it took me to the correct listing so that's why I thought it was correct. But I will update now. thank you for the help!

is there a way to filter my collection by genre ?

i assume that theres no such feature please say there is.

There was a filtering option that they were beta testing a while back...but they removed it for now.

It was for users with under a 2000 total collection - or close to that.

I never got a chance to use it, but I heard some things about it was good.

I assume they are tweaking it some and will bring it back eventually.

There was a filtering option that they were beta testing a while back...but they removed it for now.

It was for users with under a 2000 total collection - or close to that.

I never got a chance to use it, but I heard some things about it was good.

I assume they are tweaking it some and will bring it back eventually.

yeah, they'll bring it back just as soon as they bring back "miscellaneous" as a format!

Anyone else ever seen Discogs spammed by NSFW scams? I went to this entry:

The one review there is a member with a NSFW avatar, provocative "review", and a link to an adult site. If you click on their profile, every one of their "reviews" is like that.

Anyway, I'm now the proud member of a an adult site for those with a vinyl fetish (I'll let you imagine which kind)
They've started popping up, I have just ignored them even though they are obnoxious.

They've started popping up, I have just ignored them even though they are obnoxious.
Yea, it didn't really bother me I was just surprised. Especially the x-rated nature of the photo. But I also don't know how well they police their site.
There's an option to report the post (upper right side with a little arrow). I think it is only on the web version and not in the app. I just reported it, we'll see what happens and how fast, I guess.

I have a Discogs question one of you brilliant people might be able to answer. If you were to add an item to the cart, does it then lock you into the purchase?

If there are a few records that I want but I know I don't want to buy all of them, it would be good to have them highlighted individually (kind of like the watchlist in ebay). This is different to the wantlist, as it would be a few specific items from specific sellers which I would want to highlight. Does the cart act in this function, allowing me to then remove items and keep the ones I want before paying? The last thing I would want would be for the seller to be alerted and think I was going to buy but then back-out.

I have a Discogs question one of you brilliant people might be able to answer. If you were to add an item to the cart, does it then lock you into the purchase?

If there are a few records that I want but I know I don't want to buy all of them, it would be good to have them highlighted individually (kind of like the watchlist in ebay). This is different to the wantlist, as it would be a few specific items from specific sellers which I would want to highlight. Does the cart act in this function, allowing me to then remove items and keep the ones I want before paying? The last thing I would want would be for the seller to be alerted and think I was going to buy but then back-out.
Kinda, so if you move an item into your cart it gives the the opportunity to purchase it (you would have to complete the checkout process) but nothing is locked in. I add “maybe’s” to my cart all the time. Sometimes they will sit in the cart until you purchase them or remove them from your cart, but they can also be removed be the seller or purchased by someone else. Though, if that happens Discogs will let you know that an item that was in your cart has been removed.

Anyone else notice the drop on the max value amount over the last week (sterling value) .mines dropped £4K....wondering if they’ve cleaned up some of those suspiciously high sales ...my average and lowest are about the same

Can you discogs gurus tell me how to add a variant submission to the master listing?

I added the tour variant of Jason Isbell Reunions but can't find it when I search or when I look at master release.

Thanks
You need to add the release number listed at the end of the URL to the master list. I it’s usually easier to do on a Computer and I am on my phone but lemme check.

Back