Discogs - Help, Tricks, Secrets And Tips

Anyone else having issues with Cogs not loading images, or loading then initially and then sweet looking through a few albums they all stop loading? Been like that for a month at least for me...

Anyone else having issues with Cogs not loading images, or loading then initially and then sweet looking through a few albums they all stop loading? Been like that for a month at least for me...

I don’t think so… where exactly? It’s ok here whether it is the mini image in my collection, when I do a search and on the release pages.

I don’t think so… where exactly? It’s ok here whether it is the mini image in my collection, when I do a search and on the release pages.
Strange. It's everywhere but it takes a few minutes of looking around the site before they start failing

Strange. It's everywhere but it takes a few minutes of looking around the site before they start failing

That is odd. I've not experienced anything like that. And there have been occasions when I spent quite a bit of time surfing around the site to decide what to put into an order. Even when I order outside Discogs.

Me too. Yesterday I was trying to identify two OGs of Will the Circle Be Unbroken, and many of the versions had only the first of multiple images. Weird

I had this happen while using my laptop a couple weeks back. Cleared browser cache and did a logout/in of my discogs account and haven’t had the issue since

Yeah nothing works, after I look at about four albums worth of photos it briefly loads then everything disappears. Tried clearing cache, re installing, signing out...

Yeah nothing works, after I look at about four albums worth of photos it briefly loads then everything disappears. Tried clearing cache, re installing, signing out...
And this happens both on the app and the browser based version.

And this happens both on the app and the browser based version.
So multiple devices? Only time I’ve had this issue was on my work computer. They have some weird profiles installed that made images unavailable via email and certain websites. Once I adjusted my privacy settings on my browser, computer and WiFi it seemed to fix it. This was on a Mac computer though.

So multiple devices? Only time I’ve had this issue was on my work computer. They have some weird profiles installed that made images unavailable via email and certain websites. Once I adjusted my privacy settings on my browser, computer and WiFi it seemed to fix it. This was on a Mac computer though.
Not sure, it's just on my phone but it only happens after I look at a bunch of pictures and scroll through albums for like a minute or so. Initially they work fine.

On the SHF version of this thread there is a seller openly saying he doesn't understand why people are concerned with seam splits or jacket condition and that the disc is the only thing that matters. Remember that when buying on DC lol
I feel like this is a mindset you can employ for yourself as a collector and that’s fine. But you don’t demand your buyers also have that preference and you don’t put up unenforceable fake policies in your seller terms stating such. I get indignant when I see some indie labels say “we’re not responsible for any damage during shipping” or “unless you buy insurance, all shipping damage is on you.”

advice request: got a discogs order from account of a guy, let's say Paul Smith, email account matches this. He's paid via paypal, it's gone through so far. Shipping Address is for someone not him, let's say Laura Jones. Paul's account is 100% positive but few sales (4 sales) and it's at least a year or two old. His collection does match the purchase (ie, he's buying some grateful dead, collection has lots of classic rock, including the GD).

Aside from the difference in addressee, nothing stands out, am I missing something? scam?

advice request: got a discogs order from account of a guy, let's say Paul Smith, email account matches this. He's paid via paypal, it's gone through so far. Shipping Address is for someone not him, let's say Laura Jones. Paul's account is 100% positive but few sales (4 sales) and it's at least a year or two old. His collection does match the purchase (ie, he's buying some grateful dead, collection has lots of classic rock, including the GD).

Aside from the difference in addressee, nothing stands out, am I missing something? scam?
Does the address from his PayPal match what’s on discogs? I get kids buying from their parents PayPals quite often.

Anyone who sells on Discogs or eBay, have your sales slowed a lot? I don't list many, but I do need to generate some spending money for other records, so I am ready to get listing again.

Or is there a better online platform? I know some people do well with Etsy.
I only keep about 40-50 listed, but usually will get sales in bunches. I could go a month or 2 without anything, but then get 5 within a 2 week span. I always enable offers and recently went to free US shipping to help drive additional interest.

Back