Discogs - Help, Tricks, Secrets And Tips

You know what’s funny? I don’t sell on cogs so I didn’t get that communication, so most buyers are unaware that they just jacked the rates AND asked you to raise yours AND made it easier for you to do so rather than make improvements all of us have asked for….

That’s what’s really shady.
Monetize that MF but don’t ever spend a penny to improve it

I'd say pull it and just go back channel, but I understand the risk to your Discogs account if they catch you - which is kinda dumb. I've done that with a couple sellers that don't typically ship up here. I've also just sent the difference through PayPal, but that's not ideal as it incurs another fee. That said if I want the item enough that extra couple of bucks isn't gonna deter me.

Just start going back channel on all of it. Have them email you at a private address to continue.

Discogs threatens these bans but they don't have a way to constantly monitor and police it all. And less and less people are going to be selling on cogs so if your account does get suspended, who cares.

They don't bam your whole account anyway, just the marketplace ability

Question time.

Is there a function in Discogs to allow you to pull up duplicate listings in the Collection section?

Or is it just a case of organising by artist (A-Z) and scrolling through?

Question time.

Is there a function in Discogs to allow you to pull up duplicate listings in the Collection section?

Like this?
IMG_1647.png
Or am I misunderstanding whatever you are laying down here?

Last edited:
This too hard?
View attachment 173711
Or am I misunderstanding whatever you are laying down here?

I think it was more duplicates that you may not know are duplicates rather than ones you know you have two copies of. So perhaps a way to filter out everything that there is more than one copy of?

I don’t think the database is that clever or advanced though.

Question time.

Yeah..you have to manually do it by organizing A to Z - there is no automated dupe function. It would be nice to have, though.

Yeah, exactly as @Joe Mac said. I know I have a lot of dupes now so want to clear out, but dont know what I have copies off from memory.

Im sure Discogs used to have more functions than it does now....

Ah well, looks like its scrolling through A-Z for me then.

Cheers anyway team.

Yeah, exactly as @Joe Mac said. I know I have a lot of dupes now so want to clear out, but dont know what I have copies off from memory.

Im sure Discogs used to have more functions than it does now....

Ah well, looks like its scrolling through A-Z for me then.

Cheers anyway team.
Depending on how adept you are with Microsoft Excel there is a function with conditional formatting that'll highlight duplicates.

Looks safe to use, after reading the TOS... yes?
In my estimation, yes. Terms couldn't be simpler and Privacy Policy states they do not share any data with third parties. It's not perfect, but I use it for the enhanced statistics and for the simple ability to sort my collection on a custom column (in my case, date last cleaned) which Discogs cannot do natively.

Back