Discogs - Help, Tricks, Secrets And Tips

You know what’s fun, the daily deluge in my cogs inbox of people arguing over whether it should be the photo with the hype sticker or not that goes first.
This has been particularly fun for the new Swifties that joined discogs. 1. They don’t know photo guidelines 2. They don’t know reissue guidelines

Anyone who sells on Discogs or eBay, have your sales slowed a lot? I don't list many, but I do need to generate some spending money for other records, so I am ready to get listing again.

Or is there a better online platform? I know some people do well with Etsy.
I have sporadic sales so I can't offer anything solid. I keep stuff listed on 'cogs and will occasionally post on reddit. I've done ebay before but it's usually a giant pain in the ass.

So i wrote the guy that kept re-listing the item for $400 (twice as much as like 5 other sellers), saying that I was removing the item from my Wantlist and that re-listers are an annoyance on Discogs. Reply:

"
The reason I expire listings and then relist them is because when I add new products or revise older items, I want them mixed. It’s not to attract anybody and I had no idea even that this can affect anyone. I didn't even know it shows up as something new. I researched it right after I read your statement. If people are affected by that, it is not my fault.
But the way I sell lately I can assure you I sell almost nothing, so I can't believe it plays a role.
In my case at least I do it to mix my listings.
What you claim I do, I can't believe it gives anybody an advantage, but if it does, it’s probably negative.
Finally at the end of the day I did not break any rules. You should shop wherever you think it’s good for you."

So i wrote the guy that kept re-listing the item for $400 (twice as much as like 5 other sellers), saying that I was removing the item from my Wantlist and that re-listers are an annoyance on Discogs. Reply:

"
The reason I expire listings and then relist them is because when I add new products or revise older items, I want them mixed. It’s not to attract anybody and I had no idea even that this can affect anyone. I didn't even know it shows up as something new. I researched it right after I read your statement. If people are affected by that, it is not my fault.
But the way I sell lately I can assure you I sell almost nothing, so I can't believe it plays a role.
In my case at least I do it to mix my listings.
What you claim I do, I can't believe it gives anybody an advantage, but if it does, it’s probably negative.
Finally at the end of the day I did not break any rules. You should shop wherever you think it’s good for you."
Why does this feel like an AI response

Back