Definitive Audiophile pressings

RTI is already pretty caught up from backlogs. Curious to see if MoFi does their plating and one steps in-house or if they will keep those at RTI. If the one steps go in-house that will free up some space too at RTI. also wonder if MoFi will press other records for other labels. VMP is only gonna press their own stuff for now starting with the Classics track I believe.

Also QRP pretty much only presses their own series now…AP, UHQR, AS Verve, Atl 75 and soon Bluesville.
QRP is doing some stuff for Noble records so that might be changing slowly.

Not really no. I find it's pretty veiled and digital sounding, but most recent versions I've heard have been.
I am not a huge fan of Queen so I think I have only spun my VMP coy like twice but it didn’t jump out at me as particularly good or bad. Cool that the Japan copies are bangers though. Did it come with an Obi?

Not really no. I find it's pretty veiled and digital sounding, but most recent versions I've heard have been.

I think there are issues with the masters currently in use of their stuff in the digital domain too. I ended up buying used CD copies from the late 80s/early 90s of their first five albums as well.

They sound pretty nice, dynamic and not compressed unlike a lot a later cd remasters of stuff.

I am not a huge fan of Queen so I think I have only spun my VMP coy like twice but it didn’t jump out at me as particularly good or bad. Cool that the Japan copies are bangers though. Did it come with an Obi?
This copy was NM/NM no Obi from a store I trust so in this case I decided to forgo it. But the jacket looks like it came off the production line yesterday, it's wild. I'm not sure this thing has never been played. There was a little bit of loose vinyl in the spindle hole that went right across it. If it had been played it would have been knocked loose. Pretty nuts for a record older than me.

Whats the general opinion of the original UK pressings of Queen albums?

I bought most of them at carboot sales over a decade ago when they used to sell for 50p each. I kept upgrading until I had a set that I was happy with and they all sound decent, but interested to hear whether the consensus is that certain other pressings sound better.

Whats the general opinion of the original UK pressings of Queen albums?

I bought most of them at carboot sales over a decade ago when they used to sell for 50p each. I kept upgrading until I had a set that I was happy with and they all sound decent, but interested to hear whether the consensus is that certain other pressings sound better.
I haven't researched it much but I thought the OG UKs were some of the best pressings for them. I think...

Ok so I got the new TimTom cut of Mezzanine, I haven't directly compared it yet to the 2013 but just on memory from playing the 2013 a few days ago it does seem slightly improved. Voices seem to have a bit more extension to them. Entire thing seems to have a bit more stage/detail. It certainly isn't night and day and without a direct comparison I could just be making this up. Definitely seems better but I don't think it warrants replacing the 2013 if you've got a clean copy.

Last edited:
Ok so I got the new TimTom cut of Mezzanine, I haven't directly compared it yet to the 2013 but just on memory from playing the 2013a few days ago it does seem slightly improved. Voices seem to have a bit more extension to them. Entire thing seems to have a bit more stage/detail. It certainly isn't night and day and without a direct comparison I could just be making this up. Definitely seems better but I don't think it warrants replacing the 2013 if you've got a clean copy.
And Teardrop was the theme from House. Just sayin…

Craft one steps on sale for $76 and a buncha other stuff marked down:

Back