Definitive Audiophile pressings

More rhino hifi titles announced:

Television - Marquee Moon
Ornette Coleman - Change Of The Century
The Cars - Candy-O
The Grateful Dead - American Beauty
John Coltrane - Ole Coltrane
Miles Davis - Tutu

Of those....just Television is a "must have" for me.

Candy-O is a maybe. American Beauty is my favorite Dead album, but I don't need another copy of it. The 2 x 45 MoFi sounds amazing, as does my original pressing.

But I'm sure FOMO will hit me yet again.

After Kind of Blue, I got Tutu and Siesta from the library. Shortly after that I had Coltrane’s Blue Train. Marsalis’s Think of One was the other part of my Jazz entry. All of these are important to me as they are my earliest exposure to Jazz.

Well outside of my parent’s Benny Goodman and Glenn Miller.

First Otis Redding review on Cogs is glowing, this particular chap is praising it as his go-to for a vocal reference record. Count me in, think I'll grab all the Otis' if they're going to punch like that.

Speaking of uDiscover, got a bunk copy of Sam Rivers - Fuchsia Swing Song from that 30% sale. So far it's been a week with no response, and their auto generated email says if I email them again, I get bumped to the bottom of the queue.

First Otis Redding review on Cogs is glowing, this particular chap is praising it as his go-to for a vocal reference record. Count me in, think I'll grab all the Otis' if they're going to punch like that.
i just.....don't like Otis in stereo. really wish they had done these in mono.

edit: the Otis Blue AP (which is reusing the regular AP places) is really distracting with the hard panning.

Speaking of uDiscover, got a bunk copy of Sam Rivers - Fuchsia Swing Song from that 30% sale. So far it's been a week with no response, and their auto generated email says if I email them again, I get bumped to the bottom of the queue.
Yeah, took me a month to get an answer from SOV because of an order they never shipped from the sale. They finally just have me a refund since it was out of stock and they claimed a computer error on their end messed up the shipment. Very slow to resolve.

The Otis sounds great. No issues with the vinyl, as well. Dock of the Bay is the best Ive heard and I have most of the reissues from the last 10-20 years.

I only have the Phil Collins so far and it's quite good as well, I think.
I have the Ray Charles, The Zeppelin, the Electric Lady, Willie, and the Booker T Christmas (which is evidently VMP's plates??) and they are all good. Zeppelin is a fine pressing but the Page remaster which I don't hate as much as everyone else around these parts.

Last edited:
I have the Ray Charles, The Zeppelin, the Eletric Lady and the Booker T Christmas (which is evidently VMP's plates??) and they are all good. Zeppelin is a fine pressing but the Page remaster which I don't hate as much as everyone else around these parts.

Is the Zeppelin from the AP 45prm series or the Atlantic series in general?

Back