Definitive Audiophile pressings

those are all the clear Atlantic 75. I have the Otis on the way from AP.

Good to hear the clear Atlantic 75's sound good as well. The Phil Collins I have is from the AP 45rpm series (fuck Chad), but it's the only one I have overall so far. I have two of the Genesis and a STP on order as well from my local, but who knows when those will be pressed.

Good to hear the clear Atlantic 75's sound good as well. The Phil Collins I have is from the AP 45rpm series (fuck Chad), but it's the only one I have overall so far. I have two of the Genesis and a STP on order as well from my local, but who knows when those will be pressed.
there was a thought that they would just be generic cuts (and a lot would claim that this is exactly what the Zepp is) but they've all been above average. Willie is very good and the Charles is probably about as good as it can sound (I'm sure putting it at 45 will not only get fuck chad a little more cheddar but a bit more performance)

AP Atlantic 75 Mingus x 5 is very very good.

there was a thought that they would just be generic cuts (and a lot would claim that this is exactly what the Zepp is) but they've all been above average. Willie is very good and the Charles is probably about as good as it can sound (I'm sure putting it at 45 will not only get fuck chad a little more cheddar but a bit more performance)

You made me realize they did that Janelle Monae and I wouldn't mind a nice copy of that. Seems like this board struck again....

I thought the Wilson Pickett was really disappointing. Think that one was a generic cut. Got PIFed the Willie phases and stages so am excited to listen to that one. I’ve picked up three of the APs now…Prine, Mingus Blues and Roots and the Dr John. They all sound amazing, but the amount of deadwax on Dr John is insane.

1704853171195.jpeg

I thought the Wilson Pickett was really disappointing. Think that one was a generic cut. Got PIFed the Willie phases and stages so am excited to listen to that one. I’ve picked up three of the APs now…Prine, Mingus Blues and Roots and the Dr John. They all sound amazing, but the amount of deadwax on Dr John is insane.

View attachment 192448
Value for money! By the time you get back to your seat, it's time to get up to change the side.

View attachment 192448
Pro tip. Play it at 33, it makes each side last longer

View attachment 192448
That's what the AP 45rpm version of Muddy Waters Folk Singer looks like.

It's really best to just stand there next to your turntable while you listen to the 6-minute Side A. Don't waste your time sitting down. Maybe twiddle your thumbs for a bit. Maybe dust off the amplifier. Then flip the side, stand there for another 7 minutes; pat the dog on the head. Better prep sides C and D, because you'll be swapping records here very soon. The 8 minute side C gives you a bit of extra time to stand there and contemplate whether your aging hearing is even capable of discerning the supposed higher fidelity from a 45. Side D is especially short, but not so short that you cant look up the 33rpm version on Acoustic Sounds and place and order.

That's what the AP 45rpm version of Muddy Waters Folk Singer looks like.

It's really best to just stand there next to your turntable while you listen to the 6-minute Side A. Don't waste your time sitting down. Maybe twiddle your thumbs for a bit. Maybe dust off the amplifier. Then flip the side, stand there for another 7 minutes; pat the dog on the head. Better prep sides C and D, because you'll be swapping records here very soon. The 8 minute side C gives you a bit of extra time to stand there and contemplate whether your aging hearing is even capable of discerning the supposed higher fidelity from a 45. Side D is especially short, but not so short that you cant look up the 33rpm version on Acoustic Sounds and place and order.
LOL. Post of the year.

Back