Definitive Audiophile pressings

Oh we're talking jazz? I have a few jazz records.

Seriously though, it's so easy to fall down the jazz rabbit hole because all the musicians mixed around so much.
This is motif outside of Jazz for me as well. Peter Gabriel, Chris Thile, and Jeff Tweedy might as well be jazz musicians in as much as their various projects through the years have brought me to other musicians.

Between BN80, Classics and Tone Poets there have been about 200 releases so far. I have 105 of those. I have definitely scaled back my jazz purchases the last year, only grabbing artists that have stood out for me like Blakey, Byrd and Hutcherson. I definitely do not any more organ jazz.
Same. I can't remember the last jazz album I picked up. I do think it got me to a point of really enjoying instrumental music a lot more, in any genre.

Have to believe this has been mentioned here before, but it’s worth another spotlighting. Intervention Records’ AAA reissue of Gene Clark’s White Light is primo singer/songwriter fare. Beautifully packaged and great sound. Well worth the price of admission.

Have to believe this has been mentioned here before, but it’s worth another spotlighting. Intervention Records’ AAA reissue of Gene Clark’s White Light is primo singer/songwriter fare. Beautifully packaged and great sound. Well worth the price of admission.

Was just spinning this last night. Really awesome album and pressing! It’s been getting lots of spins from me

I have the 2017 box set and it's...good. I don't think there is an "audiophile" press out there so this might be as good as it gets?
I imagine the OG UKs sound good but also guessing they are $$ for one in good condition. Also heard that the swedish pressing uses the UK plates but probably after shipping, they seem pricey as well.

Maybe they will add more. I'll keep my eye open. Hopefully a regular black press soon too.

Definitive version of Queen is Dead? Been wanting to add this to my collection for a long time.

I imagine the OG UKs sound good but also guessing they are $$ for one in good condition. Also heard that the swedish pressing uses the UK plates but probably after shipping, they seem pricey as well.

The newest rhino remasters are the best I have heard the smiths sound. Johnny Marr went through them all and remastered them at the turn of the last decade and did a great job. Anything 2012 onwards. They’re usually in print and cheap. This is the one I have, i am pretty sure it’s never gone out of print and is still the same one on sale.

I’m 99.9% sure the 2017 box set uses the same mastering.

The newest rhino remasters are the best I have heard the smiths sound. Johnny Marr went through them all and remastered them at the turn of the last decade and did a great job. Anything 2012 onwards. They’re usually in print and cheap. This is the one I have, i am pretty sure it’s never gone out of print and is still the same one on sale.

I’m 99.9% sure the 2017 box set uses the same mastering.

Yeah I have the box and have had quite a few different pressings over the years. The remaster is pretty great and sounds balanced. It’s probably your best best $ wise. The OG UK issues just have a brittle edge to them that just works great for the music and is what I reach for whenever I want to hear any of their records.

Back