Definitive Audiophile pressings

No it isn't. That's $100 CAD plus EIGHTY SEVEN dollars shipping and it's got noise throughout. Sealed it's $180 starting.
i never buy sealed because there's no recourse when it's warped, has scratches, etc. also discogs isn't the only place to get it. i have seen it in quite a few places (ebay, from shops, etc) for around $50-$70 lately. i got my copy for $50 a few months ago online. they have been popping up quite a bit because of the AS reissue and i bet more will pop up with this UHQR announcement.

i do forget the wild shipping prices to canada though...

when i looked earlier today, there was a copy for $55 conservatively graded as VG+/VG+. also even with that $87 shipping price (which is absolutely mental) it's not as expensive as the UHQR to canada if you're using canadian prices haha.

i never buy sealed because there's no recourse when it's warped, has scratches, etc. also discogs isn't the only place to get it. i have seen it in quite a few places (ebay, from shops, etc) for around $50-$70 lately. i got my copy for $50 a few months ago online. they have been popping up quite a bit because of the AS reissue and i bet more will pop up with this UHQR announcement.

i do forget the wild shipping prices to canada though...

when i looked earlier today, there was a copy for $55 conservatively graded as VG+/VG+. also even with that $87 shipping price (which is absolutely mental) it's not as expensive as the UHQR to canada if you're using canadian prices haha.
Yeah there's options, but my main point is the Speakers Corner ain't exactly an easy buy. I've never seen it in a store in Canada, at least not in many years. So yeah, you can get it, but it's gunna likely cost a lot for a mint copy.

Yeah there's options, but my main point is the Speakers Corner ain't exactly an easy buy. I've never seen it in a store in Canada, at least not in many years. So yeah, you can get it, but it's gunna likely cost a lot for a mint copy.
yea it is harder to find in CA it seems. i just saw one in a shop near me a week or two ago. should have grabbed it for someone here.

happy to proxy buy something if somebody sees it and wants to ship to a US address. i already tell my wife that all the records coming to my house now are for @avecigrec :ROFLMAO:

yea it is harder to find in CA it seems. i just saw one in a shop near me a week or two ago. should have grabbed it for someone here.

happy to proxy buy something if somebody sees it and wants to ship to a US address. i already tell my wife that all the records coming to my house now are for @avecigrec :ROFLMAO:
I got to do that at pifsgiving. She was skeptical until I showed her the box with like twenty records packed up for him, lol.

Like. I have 775 records, 197 of them are jazz.
You know how many jazz records I probably need? 30. Maybe less than 30.
I feel this same way now, got a little too into it for a bit. Just doesn't get the plays now. Need to sell some off and tighten up the collection. Maybe a listen through to see what needs to stay.

Never do this haha. Then you’ll keep ‘em all 😂
Or I'll think they all sound the same and get rid of 'em all! I know there are some people I'll keep most if not all of. Art Blakey, Muriel Grossman, Jeff Parker, Grant Green, much of the UK Jazz stuff will probably stick around. Trying to not make any quick decisions, as I seem to listen to more jazz in the winter. But I just feel like 1-3 cubes is plenty for me. Really though, trying to tighten up the whole collection.

I have about 450 jazz records, roughly a quarter of my total collection.

I find that a lot of jazz records simply do not age with time, so when I'm 63 years old I'll still wanna listen to Miles, Coltrane, Evans, etc.

Can I say that about the Strokes, the Mars Volta, etc.? Likely not. With the limited space I have left for storage and the high cost of new records, I'm focussing on the long game with albums I'll want to keep around versus scratching the temporary itch.

I have ~2651 records. 518 of them are Jazz. You know how many jazz records I probably need? 1000. Maybe more than 2000.

Hitting 1800 between my CDs and vinyl and I’m increasingly thinking that about 2500-3000 between the two is likely going to be my absolute max. As much as there are certain things I like having just to have and may only play annually or bi annually I don’t want thousands of those either.

I have about 450 jazz records, roughly a quarter of my total collection.

I find that a lot of jazz records simply do not age with time, so when I'm 63 years old I'll still wanna listen to Miles, Coltrane, Evans, etc.

Can I say that about the Strokes, the Mars Volta, etc.? Likely not. With the limited space I have left for storage and the high cost of new records, I'm focussing on the long game with albums I'll want to keep around versus scratching the temporary itch.

Is that not largely dependent on taste though? And isn’t there both classics and stuff that doesn’t age as well in every genre?

Is that not largely dependent on taste though? And isn’t there both classics and stuff that doesn’t age as well in every genre?
It is. And I agree. Just my perspective based on my personal tastes. I've grown out of some genres as I've aged, and I don't reach for raw punk albums or heavy records as much anymore.

It is. And I agree. Just my perspective based on my personal tastes. I've grown out of some genres as I've aged, and I don't reach for raw punk albums or heavy records as much anymore.

Yeah and funnily enough while I don’t need very much jazz, particularly instrumental, I was also, funnily enough thinking much the same about the strokes last night despite that being closer to my own speed. Whilst I likely will always grab “Is This It?” off the shelf can I really say the same about the rest? I might miss the odd track but the albums as a whole?

Or I'll think they all sound the same and get rid of 'em all! I know there are some people I'll keep most if not all of. Art Blakey, Muriel Grossman, Jeff Parker, Grant Green, much of the UK Jazz stuff will probably stick around. Trying to not make any quick decisions, as I seem to listen to more jazz in the winter. But I just feel like 1-3 cubes is plenty for me. Really though, trying to tighten up the whole collection.
Between BN80, Classics and Tone Poets there have been about 200 releases so far. I have 105 of those. I have definitely scaled back my jazz purchases the last year, only grabbing artists that have stood out for me like Blakey, Byrd and Hutcherson. I definitely do not any more organ jazz.

Back