Definitive Audiophile pressings

Does anyone know if Rhino ships international via USPS? I don't really think I'm going to order unless it shows up locally, but curious if it's a duty/brokerage situation or not.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Rhino ships international via USPS? I don't really think I'm going to order unless it shows up locally, but curious if it's a duty/brokerage situation or not.
I seem to recall that they use USPS/Canada Post. The problem is they use UPS to get them to the USPS sorting facility, and they loose them/ steal them on the way there. This happened to me twice

Update: Coupon code CC22SLA15WMG takes 15% off, which covers shipping if you buy both, and brings it down to $1.99 if you buy one. I bit on the Coltrane. I was going to add to my collection at some point, and it sounds as though this is a worthy treatment. Will report back if this is not the case.
Ordered, thanks! One cogs review said it crushes the mofi. Another says it blows away both US and JP OGs. This album is sooo good, a Definitive Audiophile©️ pressing will be excellent.

Mikey's all mad he can't sell it.

snark aside, I get a retailer wanting to do right by his customers, but some of this is about capitalism on both sides. On his that he can't sell it and on Rhino's that they get all that sweet audiophile copy money. Mike also doesn't rail about Amazon which probably dwarves him in BN sales....

He can sell it. He's a middleman, so he has to buy it, then sell it. That's his business model. How does he not know this?
I mean, he would have to mark it up and it’s already high priced as it is. I think he knows this, he’s just bitching about the model. The model is what it is and more and more companies will do it because they get a bigger cut of the pie that way. Rhino doesn’t care about him.

I mean, he would have to mark it up and it’s already high priced as it is. I think he knows this, he’s just bitching about the model. The model is what it is and more and more companies will do it because they get a bigger cut of the pie that way. Rhino doesn’t care about him.
Rhino doesn't care about customers either. If they did, they would make it a wider release available to retail. There are lots of record stores in the world that have all made Rhino, and the vinyl revival, a success. Just like Music Matters before them, Rhino are turning their backs and showing the big a-hole to retailers so they can (a) jack up the price and (b) double the margin to maximally take advantage of the stupid.

I agree with Mike. He probably has customers coming in wanting to buy them. It hurts his business not to be able to serve customer needs.

Back