Definitive Audiophile pressings

I'm fairly certain all '76 US copies have jacket damage from spilled bong water.
God, I can smell this post.

Reminds me many moons ago when I accidentally left one in my step sister's truck from moving apartments.
She worked at a big Schwab financial firm downtown. It fell out of the door in the parking garage and shattered everywhere in front of a ton of suits. Yeah... high times.

I don't see the Rhino "audiophile" launch very impressive.
There are a ton of good options out there for these two titles already.

Interesting choice to pick these two titles considering the thousands of choices in their vault.
IMO this series is redundant and DOA. It is an attempt to cash in on the momentary cachet among 'audiophiles' for the KPG name and those same 'audiophiles' FOMO for anything 'limited' shoved in their faces.

The Cars MOFI is superb and all anyone could need.

Coltrane's Sound is a fairly basic, simple recording and essentially a collection of leftovers from the My Favorite Things sessions released long after Coltrane departed Atlantic. Despite that, it is one of my favorites, but surely not in need of another reissue as the BG 33 is excellent.

They aren't interested in the thousands of titles in their catalog, they are interested in warhorses that they can up-sell at a premium.

The labels are atrocious, the packaging kinda stupid, and the gatefold is a lame copycat of the Tone Poet asthetic.

Teach 'em a lesson. Don't buy.

IMO this series is redundant and DOA. It is an attempt to cash in on the momentary cachet among 'audiophiles' for the KPG name and those same 'audiophiles' FOMO for anything 'limited' shoved in their faces.

The Cars MOFI is superb and all anyone could need.

Coltrane's Sound is a fairly basic, simple recording and essentially a collection of leftovers from the My Favorite Things sessions released long after Coltrane departed Atlantic. Despite that, it is one of my favorites, but surely not in need of another reissue as the BG 33 is excellent.

They aren't interested in the thousands of titles in their catalog, they are interested in warhorses that they can up-sell at a premium.

The labels are atrocious, the packaging kinda stupid, and the gatefold is a lame copycat of the Tone Poet asthetic.

Teach 'em a lesson. Don't buy.
I'm not a buyer here, but I am curious to see where it goes.

I prefer the original Cars releases from Sterling.

You guys see this?

So weird, both Amoeba Hollywood and SF have also announced getting in large Japanese collections recently.

I ordered the Rhino Coltrane because I don’t have it and usually give these audiophile reissue series a shot.

I held off on The Cars because while I don’t have this album, my clean copies of OG Cars sound pretty great.

Then I watched this:

Then I bought the damn Cars release too. Will report out.

LOL! What’s that intro!?!!

It’s a bit overly grandiose to say the least. That being said, I appreciate his take…well, the approximately couple minutes that I didn’t skip over. Is this being shipped now? Or is it a preorder?
I believe they have already started shipping, as some appear to be out in the wild. The early reviews for both look to be quite favorable.
Not owning either, I am mildly tempted, though unimpressed with the D2C exclusive model that tacks on $11.99 shipping (and yes, I recognize for our friends up north and overseas it will be far worse).

I believe they have already started shipping, as some appear to be out in the wild. The early reviews for both look to be quite favorable.
Not owning either, I am mildly tempted, though unimpressed with the D2C exclusive model that tacks on $11.99 shipping (and yes, I recognize for our friends up north and overseas it will be far worse).
Update: Coupon code CC22SLA15WMG takes 15% off, which covers shipping if you buy both, and brings it down to $1.99 if you buy one. I bit on the Coltrane. I was going to add to my collection at some point, and it sounds as though this is a worthy treatment. Will report back if this is not the case.

Back