Definitive Audiophile pressings

Sheesh the new pressing of The Cars from Rhino sounds amazing. Really wish this was just a widespread campaign for the fans worldwide.

the direct to consumer thing is total BS and inconvenient (you can only buy from us and our crappy packaging that will almost certainly damage your record) and it's keeping my FOMO at bay. If I saw these on the shelf in my local it'd be a lot harder to pass up.

the direct to consumer thing is total BS and inconvenient (you can only buy from us and our crappy packaging that will almost certainly damage your record) and it's keeping my FOMO at bay. If I saw these on the shelf in my local it'd be a lot harder to pass up.
Yeah like half the discogs comments are about how terrible Rhinos packaging is and that all their jackets are damaged. So obnoxious to go this route and then not even bother to ship in proper mailers.

Yeah like half the discogs comments are about how terrible Rhinos packaging is and that all their jackets are damaged. So obnoxious to go this route and then not even bother to ship in proper mailers.
yeah I was really surprised. It was quite possibly the worst shipping materials I’ve seen from a major company. It was just your standard shitty white mailer barely taped up. Discogs and EBay sellers usually do much better than Rhino did on these. I’m lucky all my packaging was fine but I guarantee at least half of the recipients had smashed corners, especially if they ordered both albums.

I am about to find out, I just purchased both. I had had pretty good luck with WEA orders in the past though my Grateful Dead Cornell box was pretty jacked up.

I was considering maybe ordering Cars but hearing about those mailers and the fact that Rhino CS takes over a month to respond means that international shipping is out the window on this one, zero chance it would show up in one piece.
I was curious about that one cause have these even been out for a month?

I was considering maybe ordering Cars but hearing about those mailers and the fact that Rhino CS takes over a month to respond means that international shipping is out the window on this one, zero chance it would show up in one piece.
Yeah, if it comes jacked I am sure I will get like a $15 credit in July… whoopi.

This is one of those times where VMP Customers Service validates their stupid pricing.

Back