Definitive Audiophile pressings

@djdavedk just scored Etta James’ At Last and I know for damn sure I will never find that digging, but I should really have it in my collection. It has been sitting in my wantlist on Discogs for years. Does anyone have a good reissue they can recommend? The Boom Boom cut any good?

Yah the Jackpot reissue(s) is more than fine. And tends to be either currently in stock or affordable after market.

Been spinning Craft's Burnin' and Art Pepper Meets the RS nonstop all week. They sound so great, Burnin' really kicks ass. Apparently someone on SHF emailed Kevin Gray and the Burnin' is indeed AAA. Not surprised, it sounds it.
Always thought Burnin was AAA? Thought they advertised it as such...I might pick that one up soon...really wish Craft had some free shipping threshold. I'd order a lot more through them directly if their shipping wasn't so expensive.

Been spinning Craft's Burnin' and Art Pepper Meets the RS nonstop all week. They sound so great, Burnin' really kicks ass. Apparently someone on SHF emailed Kevin Gray and the Burnin' is indeed AAA. Not surprised, it sounds it.
I also know who you've been spinning Burnin non-stop. BoomBoom cutting the song Boom Boom. It's a rare double BoomBoom!

KG also confirmed Black Orpheus is cut from tape.

I thought the language from Craft on both was somewhat understandable for AAA, but I also commented to KG that Craft could be a little more consistent in their wording. Don't write "cut from master tape" using a thesauruses. But marketing folks do their thing unfortunately.

This one?

Good to know

Yup! It's available in a few different colors as they've repressed it a few times over the years. Like, I wouldn't at all be surprised if it ends up being in stock on their website again some day.

Anybody own the Microphones box set? How's the quality of the pressings?
What I’ve listened to has been great and the overall package is of impressively high quality—a true work of love and art. The album jackets seem to be of very high quality and for the three gatefolds in the set, records were housed in the center of the fold rather than inside the sleeves, presumably to avoid potential for seam splits (there are none). There also are a lot of extras with the albums, most of them having cool inserts of one kind or another. And the book is super cool and beautifully done, all with a very high-quality matte finish. I can imagine it having a ton of meaning for his loyal fans. So yeah, there’s no question this thing is very well done.

Back