Definitive Audiophile pressings

Hmm. I have the AAA non-deluxe 2018 pressing and the jacket everything about it is top notch. I would imagine that last years reissue is of the same quality.

It’s the exact same pressing. The 2018 was a band self release so it was very limited. In 2021 they licenced it to domino who sold the AAA from the 2018 plates with the nice tip on jackets as a deluxe and a cheaper digital cut with lightweight jackets for less. The AAA is divine!

Did you find yours locally? Or order from overseas? I know there's a rights thing with this album that generally didn't allow this new pressing to be sold in NA. I figured some would slip though eventually but I still haven't seen a single copy anywhere over here.
Oh, yea, I ordered straight from their site. Only one that seemed available locally in U.S. was MBV. I bought from the MBV site for Isn't Anything & Loveless for both the 2018 and 2021 (incl receiving the alt cut of Isn't Anything in 2018). I had no issues and found the 2021 to be a bit better quality but the 2018 to be great too. I got the 2021 CDs of all three albums too but I was able to get those through U.S. merchants.

Edit: to note, 2018 quality isn't in sound per se. As @Joe Mac points out, no difference in plates. However, I found the 2021, although also pressed by Optimal, to be a bit better quality pressing-wise. Really, I think it's just that my 2018 Loveless had a little non-fill that didn't affect the 2021 (but that may have been my individual 2018 and not endemic to the release writ large).

Did you find yours locally? Or order from overseas? I know there's a rights thing with this album that generally didn't allow this new pressing to be sold in NA. I figured some would slip though eventually but I still haven't seen a single copy anywhere over here.
I remember this being an issue with the 2018 pressing too some folks waited hoping for North American distribution and ended up never getting a copy (at least until the 2020 reissue came about) I figured I didn’t need Isn’t Anything when I placed my 2018 overseas order but I wish I had after the fact so I did pick up the AAA version of that when it was reissued in 2021 and it is also excellent.

You should bite the bullet and order from overseas maybe throw Isn’t Anything in there for good measure to justify the shipping.

I remember this being an issue with the 2018 pressing too some folks waited hoping for North American distribution and ended up never getting a copy (at least until the 2020 reissue came about) I figured I didn’t need Isn’t Anything when I placed my 2018 overseas order but I wish I had after the fact so I did pick up the AAA version of that when it was reissued in 2021 and it is also excellent.

You should bite the bullet and order from overseas maybe throw Isn’t Anything in there for good measure to justify the shipping.

I think Kevin Sheilds managed to get his non US rights back when Creation imploded in a cloud of cocaine. The US rights remained with whatever label had them. So when he self released and licensed to domino it couldn’t infringe the US label and so they weren’t distributed in NA, could only get on import or by importing!

I ordered Say Anything from MBV directly and it was a whiplash box I think.

As @Joe Mac said, Kevin only has non-US rights so ordering from the UK is the only option unless you stumble on one in the wild here.

Walked into my favorite local today looking for nothing in particular, and I stumbled into the only grail I really had. Practically mint all around, no shipping worries to deal with, and about half the going Discogs rate. I have the KG cut and this is better. More dynamic, punchier drums, even the clichéd hearing-things-I-haven't-heard-before is true. 20221111_173020.jpg20221111_173040.jpg20221111_173047.jpg

Has anyone pre ordered Rastaman? I wanna, but I don't wanna.
I did.

Normally sit these out, only UHQRs I have are the KOB and Are You Experienced? 33RPMs. I’m a huge Marley fan, and fan of this album (top 3 of his for me), so this was easy for me pull the trigger. Especially at only 3,500 units. I was never particularly impressed with the US Island pressing I have. I’m a sucker for high quality reggae.

Catching up....I know it's not on the list anymore but I don't see titles references...what Bruce did MOFI have listed?

Those Joni's...I've got all the recent Rhino REs (not the box), plus the recent CD box, plus OGs of all but Blue (only have the 2007 RTI but I've no complaints). So, at $125/piece plus the shelf space those boxes demands, it's a pass on all of them, even the ones that I really love (looking at you Hejira). However I will grab them all on SACD.

Back