Definitive Audiophile pressings

Yeah I will, hopefully the euro will climb back to a sensible exchange rate against the dollar by then too.

Do you reckon the slew of releases is in anticipation of the new plant next year and a pile more pressing capability for them?
that's what my money is on! even their backorder/represses have been fairly frequent recently though.

Jesus….

I am curious about the numbers on some of these One Steps, because I have no idea how they’re going to sell that many of some of these at $125. As we know the last few haven’t been selling all that well at all.

Jesus….

I am curious about the numbers on some of these One Steps, because I have no idea how they’re going to sell that many of some of these at $125. As we know the last few haven’t been selling all that well at all.
Yeah, a lot of folks have soured on MoFi, and some are probably realizing they dont have the system (or golden ears) to really hear some significant sonic improvement with one step pressings given the price. The one steps I own all have the same issues inherent to all vinyl records, some surface noise. For $100+ per record, I dont want to hear the medium. I want the sound to emerge from the deepest blacks.

20221110_143313.jpg

Okay so I know it's a bit of a dogs breakfast but dear lord 2/3rds of this just sounds so so good until you get to the 3 strange fake stereo tracks. Managed to grab this NM/VG+ from a local dealer for $45 USD shipping included so... yes I will do that.

Last edited:
Yeah, a lot of folks have soured on MoFi, and some are probably realizing they dont have the system (or golden ears) to really hear some significant sonic improvement with one step pressings given the price. The one steps I own all have the same issues inherent to all vinyl records, some surface noise. For $100+ per record, I dont want to hear the medium. I want the sound to emerge from the deepest blacks.
Maybe I've been lucky with my one steps. But the Dylan, Mingus and Monk's Dream are all dead quiet on my system. Same with the Craft One Steps I have. With the price definitely only want to grab the titles I truly love though.

I mean, not like... CRAZY or anything.
View attachment 156676View attachment 156677View attachment 156678View attachment 156679View attachment 156680

Now, most of these are just mildly educated guesses and I'm sure there's gunna be some bright bass shy pressings in the lot. But hopefully they're in the minority. The OG Purple press of Purple Rain just had to happen. Even if the KPG will likely best it.
I got the same T-Rex in my cart. I found out my mom is a big fan (her favorite band as a teen) when i got the MoFi Electric Warrior so i have to get this one as well.

What is up with SuperVinyl 45s at One-Step price? Are they giving up the deceptive One-Step moniker?

Why is one step deceptive?

All the ones in the black box at $125 are one steps. The one steps have always been pressed on the super vinyl formulation.

Why is one step deceptive?

All the ones in the black box at $125 are one steps. The one steps have always been pressed on the super vinyl formulation.

Well, the production process itself may not be deceptive, but they neglected to reveal the tape to DSD step. So, in my book, the entire One-Step program is deceptive. And these boxes were always One-Steps, with little emphasis on SuperVinyl.

Having said that, I may pick up some of these titles once they are near their actual release dates.

Well, the production process itself may not be deceptive, but they neglected to reveal the tape to DSD step. So, in my book, the entire One-Step program is deceptive. And these boxes were always One-Steps, with little emphasis on SuperVinyl.

Having said that, I may pick up some of these titles once they are near their actual release dates.

Yes but that’s not perculiar to the one step. That’s MoFi across the board not disclosing the DSD step in pretty much every release. The one step actually got them caught out because everyone knew there was no way Sony would let them cut a minimum of 40 lacquers direct from tape to allow for 40,000 thrillers!

They all had super vinyl printed on the hype sticker and it’s clearly referred to in the literature inside the box, at least my blood on the tracks, which was one of the first releases in the series did. They actually launched the use of the super vinyl formula again with the one steps, the super vinyl releases using the standard 3 step process came later and were priced above the standard releases that came, and still do come, on standard vinyl.

Last edited:
Back