Definitive Audiophile pressings

Los Lobos MoFi came in with significant 3-4” seam splits on both the top and bottom. The 4th straight order from them that’s come like that. Pretty damn infuriating.
That sucks man. MoFI likely wont do squat to help you out either. They might throw you a $5 partial refund, at least that has been my experience.

That sucks man. MoFI likely wont do squat to help you out either. They might throw you a $5 partial refund, at least that has been my experience.
Yup, so shitty. That’s my last straw with them and I pretty much told them that I’m the email. Ridiculous that you pay $10 to ship and it still comes damaged. Seems like it’s a pretty widespread problem too. Figure it out.

Yup, so shitty. That’s my last straw with them and I pretty much told them that I’m the email. Ridiculous that you pay $10 to ship and it still comes damaged. Seems like it’s a pretty widespread problem too. Figure it out.
Yeah, I don't buy much from MoFI, but the best solution is to get them from Plaidroom, if possible. They at least pack records correctly. Though, they don't always get all the MoFI titles and they sell out quickly.

Who's the master list maker on the forum? @Woob_woob ? would be cool to have a google doc with all the definitive pressings in one place

I think we tried that a couple time before and the thread just moves way too fast. Luckily N&G Search is pretty solid, though if someone wants to take it on I certainly wouldn't mind

I know this doesn't help a ton now, but you can note for them to open the album and ship the record behind the sleeve when you place your order. That has helped me with MD and MoFi to avoid seam splits. It seems like a design flaw in the sleeves almost. Can't think of any other company/label whose records arrive with more seam splits than MoFi does.

Hopefully they will send you a replacement. I have seen on other forums that people seem to be getting shipped replacements especially since stuff doesn't sell out as quickly now. Other people said that they started removing those pesky ad inserts too lately which might help....

I know this doesn't help a ton now, but you can note for them to open the album and ship the record behind the sleeve when you place your order. That has helped me with MD and MoFi to avoid seam splits. It seems like a design flaw in the sleeves almost. Can't think of any other company/label whose records arrive with more seam splits than MoFi does.

Hopefully they will send you a replacement. I have seen on other forums that people seem to be getting shipped replacements especially since stuff doesn't sell out as quickly now. Other people said that they started removing those pesky ad inserts too lately which might help....
That’s good to know. Thanks!

i know it's annoying that we even have to ask...they should be able to figure out how to ship without seam splits. no other company has as many splits in transit.
Yes, I have had the same experience with seam splits, much more likely in the one-step packaging. I started asking Mofi to ship vinyl to avoid seam split I got this response:

At this time we do not open and remove LPs from One-Steps. If by chance your copy happens to suffer from seam splits please rest assured that we would have replacement jackets available.

Not surprisingly after I received my order it had seam splits. Sigh. I don't really care for the Mofi packaging in the box. It takes up too much room and is annoying, and seems to contribute to seam splits in shipping. I like that Craft One-step packaging MUCH better.

I think Mofi may do this for the non-one steps, I would request it.

Plaidroom will open to avoid seams splits, they do a great job of shipping. I usually ask in email after the order because their is no place to add this request.

I wish vendors would just add an option on check-out to request this because it happens too much in shipping in my experience.

@Turbo you weren’t joking about the quality of the Japanese Black and Blue. This sounds incredible. This copy was basically flawless, zero surface noise to top off the the dynamic detail and separation on this master is fucking amazing!

Cranking this to 11.
View attachment 150248

Less than professional obi placement however. :ROFLMAO:

Really glad you like it! Since you like that one, keep your eyes peeled for Some Girls and Emotional Rescue with the same obi (EDIT: I take that back, obi is not the same but they're from the same ESS series - my copies of Some Girls and Emotional Rescue don't actually have the obi's). Black & Blue is the most awesome of the bunch, but these other two are close. Best I've heard any of them. As a bonus Some Girls is the original uncensored die-cut sleeve.

Really glad you like it! Since you like that one, keep your eyes peeled for Some Girls and Emotional Rescue with the same obi (EDIT: I take that back, obi is not the same but they're from the same ESS series - my copies of Some Girls and Emotional Rescue don't actually have the obi's). Black & Blue is the most awesome of the bunch, but these other two are close. Best I've heard any of them. As a bonus Some Girls is the original uncensored die-cut sleeve.

Yeah I have that copy of some girls too and it’s awesome.

I had it placed “expertly” but it slid over when I was pulling the disc out and figured I was fighting a losing battle since I only have it loosely wrapped around the front of the gatefold.

And I will keep my eyes peeled for those others too.

In case it wasn't known, the new Deja Vu pressing seems to be a breakout from the deluxe 50th, which is excellent. Cut by CB and pressed at optimal but has been getting good reviews so far from what I've seen!
Yeah, I picked up a copy - sounds great. It doesn’t sound as good as an original IMO (which sound fantastic), but every OG I’ve owned had at least some level of groove damage. Pretty hard to find a copy that was well cared for/not played on a Sears player. This is a great option.

My wife bought a shelf online. It came with these (as she put it) "Mickey Mouse gloves" so you dont slice your fingers open when putting together the metal shelf frame.

Shelf is now built. Turntable is on. Time to flip some audiophile grails. ;) Now if I could simply find my copy of Aja and a zerostat. Pew pew pew.

View attachment 150263
I got you ..
8CF8BBDE-38B5-4923-8538-ADB8BF3C567D.jpeg

Back