Definitive Audiophile pressings

Is this the version on red vinyl? If so, I have it and it sounds great!
Yup! I have the Odeon Beatles For Sale so I am expecting greatness. Did yours come with any inner sleeve or liner notes? The aforementioned Beatles For Sale did come with. Inners but this copy of Help! Only had the Japanese rounded inner sleeve.

Yup! I have the Odeon Beatles For Sale so I am expecting greatness. Did yours come with any inner sleeve or liner notes? The aforementioned Beatles For Sale did come with. Inners but this copy of Help! Only had the Japanese rounded inner sleeve.
I'll check when I get home. I have two of the red Monos and really dig them.

I’ve always liked them. Wish I had heard of them sooner as I would have picked up a bunch more of the early ones that are now OOP!

Who cut that Lou Reed for them? That may be my favorite out of those I have, and that's a very high bar - I have 13 in total and they're all great.

Is there a relationship between Speakers Corner and Pure Pleasure records?

Who cut that Lou Reed for them? That may be my favorite out of those I have, and that's a very high bar - I have 13 in total and they're all great.

Pure Pleasure are Speakers Corner’s UK distributor. I don’t think there is anything beyond that.

I do have the inner sleeve for Help! It looks like a lyric sheet in Japanese.

99E49A19-B5FC-4D28-BF2C-B38380F165D9.jpeg
Sounds like I am now in the marketplace for a Odeon red vinyl version of Help 👀
I've heard that these are close to the 2014 mono reissues in terms of sound quality so I decided to fill in the mono holes in my collection with these when I can find them.

Here's the two I have - no obi for Please Please Me unfortunately.

AE045F90-0114-4D06-8DE5-7770EE189F4D.jpeg

I do have the inner sleeve for Help! It looks like a lyric sheet in Japanese.

View attachment 149957

I've heard that these are close to the 2014 mono reissues in terms of sound quality so I decided to fill in the mono holes in my collection with these when I can find them.

Here's the two I have - no obi for Please Please Me unfortunately.

View attachment 149956
Dang, i have the Obi but not the inner for my copy of Help!. Oh well. The jacket and the vinyl both are in great shape and I can’t read Japanese anyways.

I haven't paid much attention to them but they are on the radar now. Like I need anymore places to purchase records....:D

Who is their main distributer over here?
Not sure their main distributor but lots of record shops stock their stuff (InGroove, Plaidroom, MD, AS, etc.) most of us have found that even with shipping, it’s cheapest to buy them from JPC.de. The prices on their site are including VAT which is waived when you make an account and have a US shipping address so they are cheaper than listed on the site. Price gets lowered when you get to checkout.

Not really sure who cut it. Discogs says:
Lots of the stuff where tapes are in the US (west coast at least), KG has been cutting them. Not sure when he started cutting for them though

Not really sure who cut it. Discogs says:
Lots of the stuff where tapes are in the US (west coast at least), KG has been cutting them. Not sure when he started cutting for them though

I was just looking at my Speaker Corners via Discogs and 8 of the 13 are KPG and are excellent. But the other 5 (Lou Reed, Patti Smith, Janis Joplin, Bill Withers and Elvis) are easily just as good. They really do have high standards all around.

KG cut my old copy of Transformer (I think it was pressed at United) prior to upgrading to a SC copy.

Interesting. The copy in my RCA & Arista box is cut at SST. It's actually really great too - everything in that box is - which is a testament at how amazing the SC version is. How does yours compare to the SC considering it's the same engineer?

I was just looking at my Speaker Corners via Discogs and 8 of the 13 are KPG and are excellent. But the other 5 (Lou Reed, Patti Smith, Janis Joplin, Bill Withers and Elvis) are easily just as good. They really do have high standards all around.
They are one of my favorite reissue labels for sure. Like @Joe Mac said, I wish they would do more lately. Really hoping they do more Toussaint albums. Southern Nights is such an amazing album and needs a good reissue

Interesting. The copy in my RCA & Arista box is cut at SST. It's actually really great too - everything in that box is - which is a testament at how amazing the SC version is. How does yours compare to the SC considering it's the same engineer?
The KPG cut United copy sounded fine, if unremarkable but I thought the SC pressing was a step up in quality.

I didn’t think KPG cut the Speakers Corner version.

If anyone is interested in any of the remaining titles I would guess some will likely turn up on their website later this week. I wouldn’t be surprised either if you gave em a call if they wouldn’t take care of ya also. I explained that I was buying for some friends online and he seemed happy to be selling them regardless.
Looks like what's left is listed on their site (I've sorted from high-to-low price):

Back