Definitive Audiophile pressings

I think they have enough relationship with the labels to receive tapes at BG, KG, etc...
Mofi not so much.

Got me wondering. Evans, Pepper, ... so many directions this could go.
Craft IS the label. They are owned by Concord who has one of the largest music rights catalogues in the world. It's like Rhino with WB records.

I'm hoping they do a Stax album and get away from Jazz but it will probably be jazz again.

Craft IS the label. They are owned by Concord who has one of the largest music rights catalogues in the world. It's like Rhino with WB records.

I'm hoping they do a Stax album and get away from Jazz but it will probably be jazz again.
Yes I know. Read between the lines. LoL

You guys arenā€™t nearly cynical enough for my taste. Iā€™m going w/ the first ever One Step 7ā€ ā€” REM A. Losing My Religion/B. Shiny Happy People. Priced affordably below the $100 threshold @ $99.99

Last edited:
In all seriousness, Evans at the Vanguard would be primo.
Mainly because used copies are silly prices already.

I think Waltz tapes are destroyed/gone?

In all seriousness, Evans at the Vanguard would be primo.
Mainly because used copies are silly prices already.

I think Waltz tapes are destroyed/gone?
I think if it's Evans, it will be a less popular release of his. MoFi did the one step of Vanguard and it was AAA, so it's possible I guess.

Pretty sure Waltz is damaged and unusable.

If you're looking for both, this twofer is excellent and AAA and has both of those albums on it:

If you see it at a shop it's worth picking up. Discogs price has gone up on them a lot in the past year or two.

They should press one-step singles as dinked 12" records with the grooves on the outside of the record to reduce IGD. Now that would be baller audiophile.

I think if it's Evans, it will be a less popular release of his. MoFi did the one step of Vanguard and it was AAA, so it's possible I guess.

Pretty sure Waltz is damaged and unusable.

If you're looking for both, this twofer is excellent and AAA and has both of those albums on it:

If you see it at a shop it's worth picking up. Discogs price has gone up on them a lot in the past year or two.
I have been looking around for that one. Nothing really good yet.
Keeping an eye open for one.

I do have this one incoming which could be here in the morning.
Remaster by Thiele, looking forward to spinning it.

'61 pressings are going for $500-$1k. ST $2500

A clean '67 copy would be nice to have.
Rolling the cogs dice again.

I have been looking around for that one. Nothing really good yet.
Keeping an eye open for one.

I do have this one incoming which could be here in the morning.
Remaster by Thiele, looking forward to spinning it.

'61 pressings are going for $500-$1k. ST $2500

A clean '67 copy would be nice to have.
Rolling the cogs dice again.
another thing to keep an eye on--lots of people are selling their APs with the AP Evans box being repressed soon (if you don't mind 45RPM) still pricey but have seen quite a few for under $100.

Back