Definitive Audiophile pressings

Are you doing the old "the US dollar and Cdn dollar are pretty much on par" math?

No but 150US comes to 187CDN right now, which is on par with what locals are selling these types of records for (I'm using the approximately C$200 reference I'm seeing for one-steps).

But bottom line, this is a splurge any way I look at it.

Last edited:
I didn't get the VMP version of the Ambrose Akinmusire title, but I did pick up Immanuel Wilkins Omega form VMP on the back of that.

VMP say it's pressed by furnace, but the runout groove looks like RTI, it also has BG in the dead wax (not mentioned on the VMP site).

How do you identify the furnace pressings?
Yep looks like immanuel was at least plated at RTI. Just opened mine. Not sure on Ambrose. I’ll have to compare the VMP runout to the non-VMP press I have. I got a signed copy through BN so ended up with 2 diff versions. It’s possible immanuel was plated at RTI and pressed at furnace.

Yep looks like immanuel was at least plated at RTI. Just opened mine. Not sure on Ambrose. I’ll have to compare the VMP runout to the non-VMP press I have. I got a signed copy through BN so ended up with 2 diff versions. It’s possible immanuel was plated at RTI and pressed at furnace.

It's a bit weird as it also says Mastered at Sterling Sound by Greg Calbi on the VMP site, but obviously it's not and its a BG cut, plated at RTI.

I'm definitely not complaining, just interested in how my records are made. I think I have some Furnace ones, but not entirely sure.

It's a bit weird as it also says Mastered at Sterling Sound by Greg Calbi on the VMP site, but obviously it's not and its a BG cut, plated at RTI.

I'm definitely not complaining, just interested in how my records are made. I think I have some Furnace ones, but not entirely sure.
To be honest, I completely forgot about the specs since it’s been so long since I ordered it. Haven’t had a chance to listen to it yet. I do wish that they would let customers know if plans change with where something is getting pressed or actually give the right info…

Nice Father’s Day grab!
Went to my local, saw this behind the counter for $100. Owner told me he got in a trade for a Dead-American Beauty. Without saying anything he said he had some wiggle room and could go down to $80. They had a $5 off father’s day promotion going on for dads so I got this minty mint vinyl for $75👍🏻
image.jpg

Nice Father’s Day grab!
Went to my local, saw this behind the counter for $100. Owner told me he got in a trade for a Dead-American Beauty. Without saying anything he said he had some wiggle room and could go down to $80. They had a $5 off father’s day promotion going on for dads so I got this minty mint for $75👍🏻
View attachment 103183
Nice! Do ya have the one step? Always curious to hear how they compare since this is one of the only ones so far that had MoFi and now One Step treatment

Does anyone know if the Mofi Tribute To Jack Johnson is getting a repress? And if not anyone have a line on a copy?

Does anyone know if the Mofi Tribute To Jack Johnson is getting a repress? And if not anyone have a line on a copy?
I’m 99% sure it’s OOP. I grabbed a copy for pretty cheap from Acoustic Sounds discogs a few weeks ago but it arrived with a scratch so they gave me a big discount. There was a whole issue a few months back where it got relisted on AS but they probably had 1 or 2 copies and sold tons so there were a lot of cancellations.

Nice! Do ya have the one step? Always curious to hear how they compare since this is one of the only ones so far that had MoFi and now One Step treatment

I had both. The mofi was not one of my favourite mofi pressings. I actually preferred a Columbia SACD from 2004ish. The one step is my favourite pressing full stop.

I’m 99% sure it’s OOP. I grabbed a copy for pretty cheap from Acoustic Sounds discogs a few weeks ago but it arrived with a scratch so they gave me a big discount. There was a whole issue a few months back where it got relisted on AS but they probably had 1 or 2 copies and sold tons so there were a lot of cancellations.
Had that damn thing in my hands like ten times over the years for like $40 and didn't buy it. Dumb dumb dumb

For the UK folk, Juno have the MoFI Nilson listed as forthcoming & cheap. They might not get at & will probably bump up the price, but for anyone still looking for it, it could be worthwhile signing up to stock notification email

Deep Discount just cancelled a bunch of pre-orders I had, including the MoFi Nilsson Schmilsson. I you had any of these ordered with them, it might be time for a plan B.

View attachment 103220

They told me, if it's on back order they just cancel them after a period of time. I've had ones go from pre-order to back order and then cancelled.

Back