Definitive Audiophile pressings

Deep Discount just cancelled a bunch of pre-orders I had, including the MoFi Nilsson Schmilsson. I you had any of these ordered with them, it might be time for a plan B.

View attachment 103220
My local had like 5 or so of the Nilsson mofis when I was there last week. If anyone really needs one I can hopefully grab one one of these days.

A heads-up that Plaidroom has 10 copies in stock of the Bill Withers Live at Carnegie Hall MoFi. I've got the Music on Vinyl version of this that I'm content with, but I know this MoFi has received a lot of praise here.

A heads-up that Plaidroom has 10 copies in stock of the Bill Withers Live at Carnegie Hall MoFi. I've got the Music on Vinyl version of this that I'm content with, but I know this MoFi has received a lot of praise here.

Been sitting on this for some time, decided to pull the trigger.

No surprise, but the RSD Chicago / The Blues / Today! comp sounds awesome. AAA by Boom Boom + pressed at MPO.
Happy to hear it! I almost picked up a copy but then I heard it was pressed at MPO which in my experience is a pretty terrible plant. Wasn’t willing to take a chance on such an expensive record that I can’t return if it’s defective.

This is an amazing record

Happy to hear it! I almost picked up a copy but then I heard it was pressed at MPO which in my experience is a pretty terrible plant. Wasn’t willing to take a chance on such an expensive record that I can’t return if it’s defective.
Oh I've had the exact opposite experience with MPO. They have been pretty solid in my experience. The DeAgostini jazz at 33 series was pressed there and all of mine are flat with no surface noise, so are all the LNT compilations and numerous others I own. They are nowhere near a deal breaker for me when I buy records.

Anyone interested in Carole King's Tapestry One Step and missed out on buying it, looks like it's available here for original retail:

Do we think this one is truly sold out? Or does anyone think that when it comes out in the Fall there will be more to be had? If I remember correctly, something similar happened with the Mingus where it was released in a couple batches or so.

Do we think this one is truly sold out? Or does anyone think that when it comes out in the Fall there will be more to be had? If I remember correctly, something similar happened with the Mingus where it was released in a couple batches or so.
I thought that MoFi is no longer printing in batches for the One Steps? They didn’t with SRV or Paul Simon.

You probably know better than I do. The last one I bough was Mingus, so I am not up to date with what's going on there. Thanks!
To be fair not sure anybody really knows what’s going on with them haha. That’s just my best guess. Im kinda shocked if they sold out of 10,000 copies of it but who knows anymore with how crazy MoFi prices have gotten on the resale market.

To be fair not sure anybody really knows what’s going on with them haha. That’s just my best guess. Im kinda shocked if they sold out of 10,000 copies of it but who knows anymore with how crazy MoFi prices have gotten on the resale market.
Yeah I'm with you. Seems like this might be a mix of people buying to flip (which might not end well for flippers with such a high number) and the generous buzz around previous One-Steps. But with the 33 MoFi already out there, hard to justify almost a $100 increase..

Yeah I'm with you. Seems like this might be a mix of people buying to flip (which might not end well for flippers with such a high number) and the generous buzz around previous One-Steps. But with the 33 MoFi already out there, hard to justify almost a $100 increase..
The 10,000 number count also includes wholesale purchases from stores buying them, so that’s another factor I suppose. I agree on the price tag (probably why I won’t buy Pearl One Step). I have Tapestry on preorder with Target since I had coupons knocking it down to around $85.

Anyone interested in Carole King's Tapestry One Step and missed out on buying it, looks like it's available here for original retail:

Zia ships for free above $40, no sales tax, doesn't charge until it ships, and is easy to cancel. They're about the easiest place to order from in my opinion.

Thought they charge immediately?
Nope, when it ships.

"What about Pre-Orders & Special Orders for exclusive and limited edition vinyl?
Due to the ever-increasing complications of the vinyl industry, Zia Records cannot guarantee each order placed until after confirmation is made with labels and distributors, which may occur up to a few weeks after your order is placed. Placing a special order with us usually means we'll be able to get exactly what you're after, but production delays and other complications may prevent us from obtaining your order. We won’t charge your card until we have it stock."

Back