Definitive Audiophile pressings

Re: Masterpieces

I had the 33 on Backorder with AS but then saw the 45 was back in stock. I waited a little while and got worried the 33 would still be a long wait. Bought the 45. Then the 33 showed up about 3 weeks later.

Regardless, I’ve listened to the 45 and it’s amazing. Highly recommend. Leaving the 33 sealed for now.

For those of you waiting for the Lateef One-step... saw this post on Discogs from one user:

Yusef Lateef - Eastern Soundsmingerton

May 5, 2021

I took out a postal investigation and the manager of the post office in Batavia IL claims they don’t have it and neither does the Aurora sorting facility that has no backlog. Craft CS claims all copies left their building and were dropped at the post office. They claim 500 copies are in this “pending acceptance” limbo status! CS has a call with the post office today.

For those of you waiting for the Lateef One-step... saw this post on Discogs from one user:

May 5, 2021

I took out a postal investigation and the manager of the post office in Batavia IL claims they don’t have it and neither does the Aurora sorting facility that has no backlog. Craft CS claims all copies left their building and were dropped at the post office. They claim 500 copies are in this “pending acceptance” limbo status! CS has a call with the post office today.
Meanwhile a disgruntled Craft Records employee has a shit ton of Eastern Sounds in his apartment, slowly putting each up on eBay and Discogs

May 5, 2021

This is getting real good🍿🍿

This is getting real good🍿🍿
Yeah, it was a shitshow to buy the album before it sold out and now it's a shitshow to receive it in the US. Seems like international orders are all showing up. People in the UK and Australia have been receiving their packages from what I've read online.

Craft CS just says to wait 45 days and then they'll deal with the issue. So if it doesn't arrive by June? Ha ha.

Yeah, it was a shitshow to buy the album before it sold out and now it's a shitshow to receive it in the US. Seems like international orders are all showing up. People in the UK and Australia have been receiving their packages from what I've read online.

Craft CS just says to wait 45 days and then they'll deal with the issue. So if it doesn't arrive by June? Ha ha.
I had mine come from the US 2 weeks ago today. Really didn't expect to receive it before the US people that ordered.

My copy is in a van down by the river.
giphy.gif

May 5, 2021

At least they can no longer hide behind the plainly false reason they had been pedaling -- that this is merely the result of standard USPS delays. That made zero sense after so many days with the same odd tracking status.

Is anyone else excited for the Tone Poets release of Passing Ships by Andrew Hill coming this Friday? Just gave it another listen today. Its an exhilarating and challenging album, almost like his interpretation of the nautical themes in Herbie's Maiden Voyage. First time on vinyl too!

At least they can no longer hide behind the plainly false reason they had been pedaling -- that this is merely the result of standard USPS delays. That made zero sense after so many days with the same odd tracking status.
USPS told me if there is no movement in the next 5 days I should "try to get my money back." Said it was highly unusual it'd be stuck in that status for so long, even with the current delays. The tracking number has also unexpectedly dropped off my list of packages on Informed Delivery. Which is strange.

Anyways, I'll stop spamming this thread about this record delay.

Back