Definitive Audiophile pressings

This will be of interest to those that ordered the Miles Davis - Kind Of Blue UHQR.

Longgg discussion but worth it. Some serious depth of knowledge on all things vinyl over the course of the 2 1/2 hrs.

And thru it all, even though the question was asked we still don’t know when/if Led Zeppelin will be pressed to latest audiophile standards. 😩

Besides detailing what goes into making the best records, it came through loud and clear that the audiophile vinyl world is suffering from a serious lack of capacity.

And, perhaps a desperate need to pass on the lifetime(s) of combined knowledge to the next generation who will be pressing tomorrow’s record.

Longgg discussion but worth it. Some serious depth of knowledge on all things vinyl over the course of the 2 1/2 hrs.

And thru it all, even though the question was asked we still don’t know when/if Led Zeppelin will be pressed to latest audiophile standards. 😩

Besides detailing what goes into making the best records, it came through loud and clear that the audiophile vinyl world is suffering from a serious lack of capacity.

And, perhaps a desperate need to pass on the lifetime(s) of combined knowledge to the next generation who will be pressing tomorrow’s record.
You can watch at 1.25x or 1.5x speed.

And a question:

- Lee Morgan - Search For The New Land... not in a position to dish out for an SRX, is the Blue Note 75 no bueno? I know that series is not so highly regarded. The digital Van Gelder remaster from this one leaves a lot to be desired. Thanks for any insight!

That’s the pressing I have, and I like it. As in: some pressings are bad enough that they cause you to enjoy the music less. This particular BN75 is fortunately not one of them (I wish I could say the same about my BN75 copy of Blue Train). I’m no audiophile though; what am I even doing here in this thread?

Just listened through half of Passing Ships, audio quality is fantastic. Maybe not as incredible as the MMJ Point of Departure, but better than the Tone Poet Black Fire. Highly recommended if you are a fan of Andrew Hill. It is absolutely baffling to me that this sat on the shelf for almost 40 years before they released it. And over 50 years until they pressed it on vinyl!

This is closed circuit camera footage from the distribution center in Fox Valley, IL right around the time that our Craft One-Steps’ were dropped off at the receiving dock.

TOSe.gif

What do we think the next UHQR from Analogue Productions will be?

The Beatles
Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
Bill Evans Trio

Who else is a likely candidate?
I don't have any great copies of a Bill Evans album, so I would be excited about that one. Ditto for Led Zeppelin.

I don't know how likely it is, but if the tapes still exist I would love something from the Velvet Underground.

What do we think the next UHQR from Analogue Productions will be?

The Beatles
Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
Bill Evans Trio

Who else is a likely candidate?

The chances of the first three, particularly the first, licensing their recordings and handing over their master tapes to a third party operation is virtually non existent.

At least they can no longer hide behind the plainly false reason they had been pedaling -- that this is merely the result of standard USPS delays. That made zero sense after so many days with the same odd tracking status.
USPS told me if there is no movement in the next 5 days I should "try to get my money back." Said it was highly unusual it'd be stuck in that status for so long, even with the current delays. The tracking number has also unexpectedly dropped off my list of packages on Informed Delivery. Which is strange.

Anyways, I'll stop spamming this thread about this record delay.
Unfortunately, It seems like this is just more standard USPS BS, rather than Crafts fault in any way. I'm on Day 21 with the "Shipment Pending Acceptance" status and have another package from Lona Vista Records at the same exact status on Day 18, also at Fox Valley, IL.

Definitely not the "standard USPS delays" but certainly their fault.

Theyre probably just sitting in some Media Mail Purgatory someone until someone at USPS decides to move them along. For this price, it really unacceptable that Craft doesnt send an update or try to open an investigation on their side.

Unfortunately, It seems like this is just more standard USPS BS, rather than Crafts fault in any way. I'm on Day 21 with the "Shipment Pending Acceptance" status and have another package from Lona Vista Records at the same exact status on Day 18, also at Fox Valley, IL.

Definitely not the "standard USPS delays" but certainly their fault.

Theyre probably just sitting in some Media Mail Purgatory someone until someone at USPS decides to move them along. For this price, it really unacceptable that Craft doesnt send an update or try to open an investigation on their side.
Both Craft and Loma Vista use Second City Prints as their distributor. So maybe USPS doesn't even have the item yet?

So you’re tellin’ me there’s a chance? ;)

Money talks.

It sure does and that’s why the Beatles tapes will next leave abbey road when hell freezes over and in addition Paul, Ringo, Yoko and Olivia all agree at the same time that hell has frozen over and that their money printing factory can be handed over to someone else.

It sure does and that’s why the Beatles tapes will next leave abbey road when hell freezes over and in addition Paul, Ringo, Yoko and Olivia all agree at the same time that hell has frozen over and that their money printing factory can be handed over to someone else.
How’d Mobile Fidelity manage it?

Back