Definitive Audiophile pressings

USPS told me if there is no movement in the next 5 days I should "try to get my money back." Said it was highly unusual it'd be stuck in that status for so long, even with the current delays. The tracking number has also unexpectedly dropped off my list of packages on Informed Delivery. Which is strange.

Anyways, I'll stop spamming this thread about this record delay.
Informed delivery will only show an item for a certain amount of time from the last update. I forget what it is, somewhere between three weeks and a month.

FYI, for those monitoring the AP Cogs listings, this is a really nice pressing ;)

Howlin' Wolf ‎– Moanin' In The Moonlight
Does anyone have this one and a late 80’s pressing? I have a late 80’s and it sounds pretty good but it would be great to know what the definitive version is.

PSA. Talked to customer service this morning. Looks like they have sold right at the 6,000 mark so far. Anyone that ordered on May 3rd is for sure going to get yours shipped in the first batch.
tenor.gif

Haven't seen this posted, but apologies if it has been.

Interesting interview with Chad. There is a you tube event on Saturday with BG & Fremer & a few others to discuss the Kind Of Blue release and talk about when it was mastered from the 3 track tape.

Also mentions that there his another Jazz series in the works with A1 titles to come & more frequent UHQR titles to come.

Also mentions that there his another Jazz series in the works with A1 titles to come & more frequent UHQR titles to come.
Sweet!! I'll stop looking for "bargains" (quotes for unbelievably loose use of that term given the current market) on Music Matters titles, with the exception of Grachan Moncur III's "Evolution," which I highly doubt BN considers an A1 title for any series. But it is for me!

Yes, that’s excellent! Definitely one of the TP that I’l grab this year, I have a copy of Judgment coming as well that Wally mastered!!
Is anyone else excited for the Tone Poets release of Passing Ships by Andrew Hill coming this Friday? Just gave it another listen today. Its an exhilarating and challenging album, almost like his interpretation of the nautical themes in Herbie's Maiden Voyage. First time on vinyl too!

Haven't seen this posted, but apologies if it has been.

Interesting interview with Chad. There is a you tube event on Saturday with BG & Fremer & a few others to discuss the Kind Of Blue release and talk about when it was mastered from the 3 track tape.

Time to repress Led Zeppelin AAA.

Sweet!! I'll stop looking for "bargains" (quotes for unbelievably loose use of that term given the current market) on Music Matters titles, with the exception of Grachan Moncur III's "Evolution," which I highly doubt BN considers an A1 title for any series. But it is for me!
I know Blue Note prices have gone crazy in the last five years or so but the 70’s reissues use the original Van Gelder stampers and sound great. I have a black b reissue I believe. They can be had for $50 or so nowadays. I missed out on a Music Matters before they skyrocketed in price.

Hello definitive audiophiles! Couple notes from this week’s posts:

- Sticking with the MoFi Kind Of Blue. Honestly a divine listen each time I put it on. Totally scratches the itch for me.

- Love Jens Lekman

And a question:

- Lee Morgan - Search For The New Land... not in a position to dish out for an SRX, is the Blue Note 75 no bueno? I know that series is not so highly regarded. The digital Van Gelder remaster from this one leaves a lot to be desired. Thanks for any insight!

Back