Definitive Audiophile pressings

So I decided to give the ORG a go.. a copy of this came up locally

I've bought stuff from them directly before @ grooves.land since it saves a few bucks and they offer free shipping. Came to 42€. Description says 45rpm but who knows.

So I decided to give the ORG a go.. a copy of this came up locally

I've bought stuff from them directly before @ grooves.land since it saves a few bucks and they offer free shipping. Came to 42€. Description says 45rpm but who knows.
Oh fuck theres a 33 copy available rn! IM SPRINGING ON IT

Wait, is this the copy you're buying right now or is this another listing?

I have an original 1970s pressing of Stone Flower mastered by RVG and it's pretty great if ever that becomes an option.

Now that we're talking Bossa Nova, any essential albums/pressings out there I should give a listen to? My bossa nova collection currently has Getz Gilberto, Jazz Samba, Jazz Samba Encore, Joao Gilberto's Brasil, Astrud Gilberto's self titled and soon to be Stone Flower. Still a bit of a blindspot outside of the classics, what should I check out in this space because every time I throw one of those records on I reach a new level of bliss.

Oh fuck theres a 33 copy available rn! IM SPRINGING ON IT

Wait, is this the copy you're buying right now or is this another listing?

If it's the one from the seller grooves.land then that's the one I bought through their website. Maybe they fulfill your order first and refund me in that case haha.. don't worry I'm ok with leaving it up to chance.

I know I linked the 33 but the description on their site listed it as a 45 for some reason.

If it's the one from the seller grooves.land then that's the one I bought through their website. Maybe they fulfill your order first and refund me in that case haha.. don't worry I'm ok with leaving it up to chance.

I know I linked the 33 but the description on their site listed it as a 45 for some reason.
Oh damnit, thats all yours. My fault for not keeping up to date on cogs postings for my wantlist!

I look forward to the post in 12 months time where you’re knee deep in a mystical tale of vanishing vinyl!

I got to a conclusion with all my outstanding orders except this one. He basically sent the add on records that I had ordered and refunded me for the others. I didn't mention that I still had this pre-order outstanding, I'll give him a nudge when hear it's been released.

Now that we're talking Bossa Nova, any essential albums/pressings out there I should give a listen to? My bossa nova collection currently has Getz Gilberto, Jazz Samba, Jazz Samba Encore, Joao Gilberto's Brasil, Astrud Gilberto's self titled and soon to be Stone Flower. Still a bit of a blindspot outside of the classics, what should I check out in this space because every time I throw one of those records on I reach a new level of bliss.
I really like Charlie Rouse - Bossa Nova Bacchanal. I have the VMP press --not sure what other options are priced at but it's a cool album!

edit: also Wave by Antonio Carlos Jobim is rad.

Expecting Moanin' preorder Tuesday. Likely to spin that evening. Note it say sold out alreay on the Blue Note page, That may be a hint how mopular this one will be.

I think all these classic titles will sell out quickly, they will definitely repress, but they are great titles & with Boom Boom doing the mastering, at the price they are it's a no brainer

Last edited:
I will say, that I did order a few items from the acoustic sounds discogs used vinyl store, and all of their listings so far are VERY conservatively graded.
I hope you’re right. I was very happy to pick this up from AS Discogs today. I think I got lucky and looked right after they listed it. 1617918577570.jpeg

I hope you’re right. I was very happy to pick this up from AS Discogs today. I think I got lucky and looked right after they listed it. View attachment 94860
I purchased an Analogue Productions 2LP 45 RPM album from their discogs last week with the same description. When I received the album and was cleaning it, I was disappointed by the number of hairline marks on the vinyl. I felt like I'd found 70's albums at yard sales with fewer marks. But when I played it from front to back, it was absolutely flawless--not a pop, not a click, not a crackle, not a single out-of-place sound. That's more than you can hope for buying brand new! So yeah, I think they're very careful with their descriptions, and if there's anything that affects playback, it seems they're up-front about that. I suspect you'll be happy with your purchase.

By the way, they're in the process of posting some high-priced MoFi titles right now, and this one:

By the way, they're in the process of posting some high-priced MoFi titles right now, and this one:

To AS’s credit, they’re usually the lowest priced seller on these kinds of things, but I cannot justify $175 for Blue Train.

Generally, my love for Coltrane as leader starts with the Village Vanguard box set and onward from that time.

I know that’s sacrilege for many.

Got this one in last week and for those who've been wondering, sounds absolutely wonderful. Excellent separation all around, really jumps you right into the music. Not sure if this is limited but I wouldn't take the chance if you've been looking for a great copy of this album, seems like a hard copy to beat.

Back