Definitive Audiophile pressings

Got this one in last week and for those who've been wondering, sounds absolutely wonderful. Excellent separation all around, really jumps you right into the music. Not sure if this is limited but I wouldn't take the chance if you've been looking for a great copy of this album, seems like a hard copy to beat.
Ma boy @craigdino grabbed this one for me, it's on its way right now along with an almost mint OG Moanin' Jacket to go with my Liberty...

Ma boy @craigdino grabbed this one for me, it's on its way right now along with an almost mint OG Moanin' Jacket to go with my Liberty...
Where did you find just a Moanin jacket? I need a Wayne Shorter Schizo jacket cause right now its sitting in a Dexter Gordon sleeve, shouts out whoever piffed that bad boy

Where did you find just a Moanin jacket? I need a Wayne Shorter Schizo jacket cause right now its sitting in a Dexter Gordon sleeve, shouts out whoever piffed that bad boy
@craigdino is the Vinyl Puma, skulking around in the shadows hunting OGs. He has a network of OG collectors who have crazy shit. One of them had a mint jacket to go with my mint 66 Mono disc that I bought without a jacket...

I purchased an Analogue Productions 2LP 45 RPM album from their discogs last week with the same description. When I received the album and was cleaning it, I was disappointed by the number of hairline marks on the vinyl. I felt like I'd found 70's albums at yard sales with fewer marks. But when I played it from front to back, it was absolutely flawless--not a pop, not a click, not a crackle, not a single out-of-place sound. That's more than you can hope for buying brand new! So yeah, I think they're very careful with their descriptions, and if there's anything that affects playback, it seems they're up-front about that. I suspect you'll be happy with your purchase.

By the way, they're in the process of posting some high-priced MoFi titles right now, and this one:

They are play-grading it seems. They posted a video on instagram of a guy listening to all the "used" stuff they are posting the other day.

I agree--they conservatively grade. I think there have been a few cases where something arrived that was graded incorrectly (@dansomeone I think got one and maybe someone else?) but they seem to make it right by giving a discount to reimburse on it.

I had Allman Brothers Fillmore East MoFi and that Coltrane that @Portland Sheriff snagged in my cart but held back. Hope one of you got that Allman Bros!

They are play-grading it seems. They posted a video on instagram of a guy listening to all the "used" stuff they are posting the other day.

I agree--they conservatively grade. I think there have been a few cases where something arrived that was graded incorrectly (@dansomeone I think got one and maybe someone else?) but they seem to make it right by giving a discount to reimburse on it.

I had Allman Brothers Fillmore East MoFi and that Coltrane that @Portland Sheriff snagged in my cart but held back. Hope one of you got that Allman Bros!
I was about to get the allman bros, but I was too late :(

Not sure if everything gets play graded. I got a Miles Davis - Ascenseur (Sams Records) 10" last week that had a horrible cyclical surface noise that persisted the entire side. The disc itself looked flawless, still have no idea what the deal was there but had to ask for a replacement and LUCKILY they had one considering that press has been sold out.

*You can hear my fiance ask "Is it something on the needle*, so proud ;).

Bucket list Classic Records Lp pressing arrival today from discogs. What a swingin session. To say this is a dream listen is a understatement. Not sure if Stan Ricker was the mastering engineer on the remaster, if anyone has any info please post.

View attachment 94853
If the Discogs information is correct then it was Bernie Grundman who mastered/cut this.

it's really good
It was up for an hour or two while I hemmed and hawed haha They had a few good MoFis in a row posted.
I made an offer on Dylan Desire MoFi, but then after realized they have it listed in the wrong place, it's limited to 1000, but the one they listed is 5k something...

Also, I snagged a classic records Led Zeppelin III from them the other day for a ridiculously good price, so I don't really have anything to cry about.

I made an offer on Dylan Desire MoFi, but then after realized they have it listed in the wrong place, it's limited to 1000, but the one they listed is 5k something...

Also, I snagged a classic records Led Zeppelin III from them the other day for a ridiculously good price, so I don't really have anything to cry about.
dang. can't believe i missed the classic Zeppelin...i've been looking at it like a HAWK.

The Dylan Desire MoFi is NOT the supervinyl. It's the regular older MoFi pressing.

Not sure if everything gets play graded. I got a Miles Davis - Ascenseur (Sams Records) 10" last week that had a horrible cyclical surface noise that persisted the entire side. The disc itself looked flawless, still have no idea what the deal was there but had to ask for a replacement and LUCKILY they had one considering that press has been sold out.

*You can hear my fiance ask "Is it something on the needle*, so proud ;).

hmm maybe they only playgrade the older/used stuff then. I think I have gotten 6 albums now in the past few weeks from them and all were pretty well/conservatively graded. I don't feel too worried buying something marked VG+ from them. Most of what I have gotten was half the going discogs prices because of a tiny corner ding or slight split on the spine.

I received an order from AS with two sleeves that were damaged in transit. But AS made it right with a partial refund.

Luckily,indeed. That record deserves to sound as good as it should sound, which is fantastic. I love the Sam version of that soundtrack, and the film is no slouch, either.

Luckily,indeed. That record deserves to sound as good as it should sound, which is fantastic. I love the Sam version of that soundtrack, and the film is no slouch, either.

It sounds phenomenal even through all of the surface noise and that’s coming from measly Klipsch R-51pms! Can’t imagine how it sings on some nicer gear

Back